+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Ad Listing Page...

  1. #1

    Ad Listing Page...

    Hello,

    I would like to hide a sidebar, and make the remaining ad details full width.



    In the above picture the sidebar on the left, I want to remove / hide is the Owner Details, I actually would prefer to put that on the bottom under the listing. and make the listing fit from where the sidebar is to across the page.

    By remaining ad details I mean, the listing and tell a friend div, and also the ad details including the image to be on the left side, but full-width.

    How can I accomplish that?

    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

  2. #2
    if you remove all side bar content box the listing detail should be in full width. Try changing owner detail content box position from sidebar to bottom.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    if you remove all side bar content box the listing detail should be in full width. Try changing owner detail content box position from sidebar to bottom.
    Do you know the exact name of the content box? Because I don see owner details content box.

    Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Do you know the exact name of the content box? Because I don see owner details content box.

    Brian
    I dont remember as I made changes to that box, may be "More detail" or something. Just go to content box section, and sort all the box in position setting and look at all the boxes which set to sidebar, you will find it, it not so hard.

  5. #5
    Wei,

    I know why I am having my issue, but I still need to look into the templates to see which template I manually added the more details sidebar. I had the more details sidebar set to inactive, but it was still on the page. Would you be able to find that? Just to point me to the possible template? I am at work away from my computer right now. If not that is ok.

    Thanks for your help Wei!
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,836
    more details is on every template that I know of?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    more details is on every template that I know of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Wei,

    I know why I am having my issue, but I still need to look into the templates to see which template I manually added the more details sidebar. I had the more details sidebar set to inactive, but it was still on the page. Would you be able to find that? Just to point me to the possible template? I am at work away from my computer right now. If not that is ok.

    Thanks for your help Wei!
    If Pete confirm it then I should be right. But now I remember there are actually 2 listing owner content boxes
    Try looking at template folder, tpl, block, listing_detail_seller.tpl and listing_detail_sidebar.tpl.
    May be remove everything in listing_detail_sidebar.tpl.?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I dont remember as I made changes to that box, may be "More detail" or something. Just go to content box section, and sort all the box in position setting and look at all the boxes which set to sidebar, you will find it, it not so hard.
    Wei,

    Thank you! I will look into this when I get home from work.

    Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    If Pete confirm it then I should be right. But now I remember there are actually 2 listing owner content boxes
    Try looking at template folder, tpl, block, listing_detail_seller.tpl and listing_detail_sidebar.tpl.
    May be remove everything in listing_detail_sidebar.tpl.?
    Than you Pete and Wei! I will look into this when I get home.

    Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

  10. #10
    Ok,

    I have figured out by removing the content of the listing_ details_sidebar.tpl. That is all good!

    But now I would like to edit the content of the Owner Details sidebar.

    I want to add text to it. For example, it says the users country but like this :United States I want to change that to say something like: From: United States also the domain it appears like :www.worldclassads.com (make it more user friendly)

    Have a look at the screenshot to see what I mean...I may want to just keep the top part (sellers thumbnail, sellers name and seller since date, and remove the rest of the textual content) I'd appreciate an explanation on how to edit that content.

    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread