+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready Set Fly

Guru

Ready Set Fly 160722

160722 - Update edited wording in regards user to add listings without registration.

-

Over the last few weeks I have put together a startup guide for new people who are using flynax.

It has been written to help new people navigate some of the essential start up structure options with their new flynax site, so that they can become operational, both accurately and quickly.

When people first start working with their flynax site, for many, the main concerns they generally have are, how do I change the colour of the background, where and how do I change the layout, what plugins do I need to set up, why is my map not showing the correct location and just about every other visual element of their site, or in short the cosmetic side.

As a result the structural basics are at best is an afterthought, and often after what can be a long period of getting the cosmetics right they then discover that the structure is all too confusing, and then try and patch together pricing plans, try and work out what the best log in options are, ask how should my categories be structured and other related questions.

In addition to now trying to get the structure correct they also by now most have people joining the site making it difficult, and at best frustrating, to make and edit any structural changes at this point both for themselves and any users of the site.

Ready Set Fly does not look at or cover any cosmetics of your site such as background colours, positions of boxes, plugins or any related options but instead guides you though, how to setup the start up structure for your site, in order, leaving you to worry about any cosmetics, listing details, recurring payment options, SEO, or anything that could be termed as cosmetics effects, afterwards.

Ready Set Fly is a joint venture | where any existing flynax user can send in, amend or update the guide to further improve and or correct its layout and instructional information. If you wish to add / recommend any updates please PM them through or add them to the post so they can add them and produce an update.

Note It could be argued that adding in listing fields / forms would be part of the initial set up and at best I can see this as a grey area where it could be in or out of the basic setup. Just ask can this be edited, added at any time later without upsetting the core structure ? if asking what should be in or out of the guide.

Hope it helps in some way and looking for input especially from the long term / experienced people here to improve the guide.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 7, 2019 at 03:35 PM.

Great share. Thanks Pete.

Thank you Pete, we will add things as we go also cheers

Pete, you are our forum star! Just downloaded the guide, it's almost 30 pages inside it and I will definitely read it.
    Thank you for your effort and help from all Flynax Team!

John

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Delon Govender View Post
    Thank you Pete, we will add things as we go also cheers
    Yes Delon, it is designed to be a shared guide for all to input, Thank you

Pete, you are our forum star! Just downloaded the guide, it's almost 30 pages inside it and I will definitely read it.
    Thank you for your effort and help from all Flynax Team!

John
    John it is a result of all of the help every one here has given me, so a thank you to all, maybe as time goes on it might expand out further.

thanks for the tutorial man, its a great script and very vast imho.

ill see if i can add anything in it.

great work.

Guru
    Ok the new and improved 4.7.1 version is finaly ready, (with setting up a new site from the ground up it gave a opportunity to completely revamp the old guide) it is impossible to thank each single person who has contributed to the information in this update so rather than miss anyone a thank you to all forum members and staff. (I have deleted the old copy in the original post) and I am sure I missed something but that can be in the next update if so.

If your starting out, starting over or want to check if your set up correctly grab your copy today.

regards Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 9, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you for sharing. I will be reading it tonight

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I will be reading it tonight
    ok you will need a big bottle of wine or a strong coffee, honest feedback welcome as it helps improve
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you Pete Young, I am new to the Form and the Script. Just a question and sorry for my ignorance. To make Css Changes, where exactly does one need to go to make the changes, addition etc. Is it in the Admin Back-End or at the Hosting Server Example (Bluehost, Hostmonster etc).

+ Reply to Thread