+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured listing flaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    ok will trial different days, but now really confused with the monetize plugin nothing seems to be working with that properly, frustrated.
    When I read about the monetize plugin I was so hype. Then tried it and with this bugs, I just lost my energy to try anything new. I will pick it up again later.

Guru
    Ok tested different days and yes there is an error, so what happens is it ads the days of the update not the existing plan.

Does anyone know where I find the code that update runs on as I will try and debug it.

yes I disabled monetize before I got too angry with it.

I had to disable the rubbish bin because after I refreshed system I found all of my deleted tests back in my listings so that also is faulty.

I have set a listing to require a picture but that does not work

and yes sent in filters to be fixed as that is faulty

seems like the old days lol. I do not think I have found one thing working properly today.

The joys.
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 12, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

So the plug thinks 1 day non featured listing +5 day featured =1 day festured?
    Last edited by Joe Can; September 11, 2020 at 09:45 AM.

Guru
    OK I think I have found a solution all be it a temp one for solving the problem of updates between free and paid and different timings, it is not perfect but I think it can work ?

first you need to just set up a free account and the days need to be set high ? say something like 90 days as an example, then set up a upgrade to featured at say 30 days (currently when you upgrade to featured it does not add any days to the existing time line), so if the time remaining is less than 30 days in this example then they are all out of love when the timer rings and they loose their loving on the featured listing.

To fix this I just created a text box and placed it above the listing page which tells people what to do of sorts ?

thoughts ? maybe this can be improved ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

OK I think I have found a solution all be it a temp one for solving the problem of updates between free and paid and different timings, it is not perfect but I think it can work ?

first you need to just set up a free account and the days need to be set high ? say something like 90 days as an example, then set up a upgrade to featured at say 30 days (currently when you upgrade to featured it does not add any days to the existing time line), so if the time remaining is less than 30 days in this example then they are all out of love when the timer rings and they loose their loving on the featured listing.

To fix this I just created a text box and placed it above the listing page which tells people what to do of sorts ?

thoughts ? maybe this can be improved ?
    Thanks, Pete. For the suggestion. I guess it might work if we tell the user about the issue. Making free 90 days, and 30 days Featured is actually abit too much, if some one was to monetize the plan. Best solution is Flynax fix it, it's been so long.

Guru
    The time periods people use is optional and up to them, they would just need to change the wording, and then when the problem is fixed we can just delete the message, well that was the thinking ?

Update > I have changed the wording slightly to tell people regardless to update first and to also add a section telling them to let it run its full course ( I do not have the words correct yet but the idea)

So all that is important now regardless of days set is that the free amount of days is always set to the max number of featured days + 1

By that if you have a setting of say 7 featured days, you must make your free upgrade at a minimum of 8 per say and that way it can never go wrong (one hopes) and yes when its fixed you can delete the message.

Important: Before selecting the Upgrade to Featured option, Please Renew/Upgrade Your Package first, this will ensure that your upgraded future option will run its full course.

* It is also important to note that you should not Renew/Upgrade Your Package while your featured ad is active, otherwise you will lose any remaining featured time/exposure.
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 12, 2020 at 05:42 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Thanks, Pete. For the suggestion. I guess it might work if we tell the user about the issue. Making free 90 days, and 30 days Featured is actually abit too much, if some one was to monetize the plan. Best solution is Flynax fix it, it's been so long.
    Yes, I agree on that so that is what we can work on and get a fix, I remember this problem from years ago as well, I will try and find where the code for this is and fix it, it should be a simple fix just whoever done it did not understand the maths of it.

If anyone can point me to where the code updates these numbers please yell out, thanks

Edit: Wei I have gone back and read what posts I could find and can see that this was reported ages ago and that there was a supposed fix, so maybe flynax can post the fix here now so we can make the changes and not have to wait for the next update.

Viktor or Rudi, can we get that to happen here, please?
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM.

Pete,

I was reading old forum posts and ran across this thread:

- Thread Name: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
    - URL: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....k-as-it-should

Might not be what you are discussing above, but thought to post it just in case.

If the post does not discuss the same issue, let me know so I can delete it so as not to confuse others reading the post.

Yes, I agree on that so that is what we can work on and get a fix, I remember this problem from years ago as well, I will try and find where the code for this is and fix it, it should be a simple fix just whoever done it did not understand the maths of it.

If anyone can point me to where the code updates these numbers please yell out, thanks

Edit: Wei I have gone back and read what posts I could find and can see that this was reported ages ago and that there was a supposed fix, so maybe flynax can post the fix here now so we can make the changes and not have to wait for the next update.

Viktor or Rudi, can we get that to happen here, please?
    Yea, I had some hope Flynax would fix it. I raised thread on forum and support tickets. And they said they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Pete,

I was reading old forum posts and ran across this thread:

- Thread Name: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
    - URL: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....k-as-it-should

Might not be what you are discussing above, but thought to post it just in case.

If the post does not discuss the same issue, let me know so I can delete it so as not to confuse others reading the post.
    This issue was also posted by me 7 years ago. Fortunately, Flynax fixed it and implement the fix to their updated software.
    Basically this issue was about renewing listing, after renewing, listing posting date does not updated and does not bump up listing. Think about your listing posted 30 days ago and buried in page 50+, you paid for renew today, it should be bump up to page 1. Anyway, they listened, and it's all good now. Now, after renew, listing is bump up to top, versus before, nope, you stay at wherever you are.

Guru
    Trying to get these packages working and only one word after now 2 days is frustrated, it should not be a exercise to get this right, guys can we get a fix on this please this should not be mission impossible.

Logic error occurred, contact Flynax support please...

+ Reply to Thread