+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bootstrap Theme for Flynax...

Master

Red face Bootstrap Theme for Flynax...

Hi @ All,

How about a workshop for a bootstrap template here in the forum?
    I think bootstrap framework is a very good choice for flynax.

We could realize it here in the forum together.
    If there is interest in it, then just report here.

Best regards
    Steffen

This would be a great idea for the script template also. I have been taking a few online lessons to see if I could build one myself. I was also thinking that a group of us could let Flynax develop the template and we all split the difference if they don't want to do it for free. The original templates are so boring.
    Last edited by Kemoid Wilson; December 27, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Master
    Hello Kemoid,

I agree with you.
    I hope that more people participate in this workshop.
    I recommend especially Bootstrap Framework 3.
    Personally, i am absolutely delighted with this framework.
    The advantage would be that we create only one template, which can be both mobile, tab and desktop used.

Also for Flynax 5 would bootstrap 3 the first choice as a template framework.

Best regards
    Steffen

Steffen Buschkemper - since flynax already started working on a responsive layout for the script, i do not think that they will switch to Bootstrap Framework 3.

Kemoid Wilson - developing 1 template is not duable becouse most of us work on having a custom template in look and posibly in functionality and so each of has has different ideeas/needs

what we all need is a second market for plugins, addons, templates, that goes for low prices, same way it happened with opencart for instance. at the begining they had only a few developers but now there are huge posibilities as templates and functionality at low prices, wich in several cases are ahead of the competition (like featured products added in main slider - added in shoppica.net i think 2-3 years ago - flynax has it now in latest auto, or ajax search autocomplete with product image - addon that exist in opencart for years, rotating product images shown in list/grid view mode and so much more)

Master
    Hello Petrache,

In a sense, you're right, but i think it does not matter that is being working on a responsive template.
    Especially it will first created only for the auto script.

what we all need is a second market for plugins, addons, templates, that goes for low prices
    Without decent documentation, it is difficult to get a second market for flynax.
    This is i think so intended from Flynax Team.
    Everything i've created in my script at this time, i have hard worked for me, because details and documentaries for this script are not published.
    In a way, i understand that too.

Furthermore, i would like to open a workshop in which we (users) are working on a bootstrap template.
    That has nothing to do with the flynax team and their work for a responsive auto template.

... that exist in opencart for years....
    To date, flynax 4.2 has even old frameworks like smarty and phpmail.
    In part, i have some updated in my script.
    Much has simply not programmed user-friendly.
    From today's possibilities, there is a huge pent-up demand for Flynax.

I hope that there is something going on in Flynax 5.

Best regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; December 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Hi Steffen, nice idea. I have a link here for some goodies http://mashable.com/2013/10/20/bootstrap-editors/ if there are any tools needed.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Master
    Hello Morgan,

thanks for the link. I will check this out.
    I hope that even more with programming experience report here.
    But everyone can contribute something to this project.

Best regards
    Steffen

I don't totally agree with you Petrache Nicolae. Most of us have customization but it is with the functionality, I think that it is possible for Flynax to develop a front end which most of us can incorporate with our current website. I hope the Flynax team would consider this. This is a great software a good template would really bring it over the edge.

Here is an example of a website I stumbled up on http://www.findthebest.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kemoid Wilson View Post
    I don't totally agree with you Petrache Nicolae. Most of us have customization but it is with the functionality, I think that it is possible for Flynax to develop a front end which most of us can incorporate with our current website. I hope the Flynax team would consider this. This is a great software a good template would really bring it over the edge.

Here is an example of a website I stumbled up on http://www.findthebest.com
    what you seem to like i hate in general (as look) and exactly this is the problem. some may like a new template, some will not like it. what you like is something that ilance offer till a point (a ebay like script), but that script is full of bugs since all the work is done by just 1 man ( if he would had the great developers team from flynax....). but, as functionality, that is what you are looking for. i have put my project on hold after 1 year of hard work and i will probably sell that script (even if i will lose money with the license, hosting payed for years and so on).

now, getting back to flynax. flynax does't have a proper menu like megamenu (what we have in general template is a joke after me) wich is great when you have many categories. the creation of an account or an listing is done in countless steps. the selection of a category when listing is a nightmare (in the ilance project i have around 10.000 categories/subcategories wich are shown quite fine, same way as in okazii.ro or ebay. can you do this in flynax? nope...you can't properly sort the listings becouse you do not have the classic dropdowns with price, date etc (flynax way is so much "great"). you can't create proper filters for listings becouse category filter plugin allows just 1 instance. you can't make a block in wich to place just new/used and another with price and another with category atributes. up, i forgot atributes wich in flynax do not exist. atributes are specific to a category. if you have like 3-6 specific atributes/category and you have like 1000 categories or more, how will you chose what to add in listing form. so many things that could be different and much better.

flynax script is a diffrent breed and we have to work with what we have. what we really need now is a responsive layout based on flynax ideea or Bootstrap Framework 3 or other, just to fix this growing issue of different device with different resolutions and layout (pc/tablet/smartphone etc). beyound that, is just a matter of taste and how i or you prefer as look

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    what you seem to like i hate in general (as look) and exactly this is the problem. some may like a new template, some will not like it. what you like is something that ilance offer till a point (a ebay like script), but that script is full of bugs since all the work is done by just 1 man ( if he would had the great developers team from flynax....). but, as functionality, that is what you are looking for. i have put my project on hold after 1 year of hard work and i will probably sell that script (even if i will lose money with the license, hosting payed for years and so on).

now, getting back to flynax. flynax does't have a proper menu like megamenu (what we have in general template is a joke after me) wich is great when you have many categories. the creation of an account or an listing is done in countless steps. the selection of a category when listing is a nightmare (in the ilance project i have around 10.000 categories/subcategories wich are shown quite fine, same way as in okazii.ro or ebay. can you do this in flynax? nope...you can't properly sort the listings becouse you do not have the classic dropdowns with price, date etc (flynax way is so much "great"). you can't create proper filters for listings becouse category filter plugin allows just 1 instance. you can't make a block in wich to place just new/used and another with price and another with category atributes. up, i forgot atributes wich in flynax do not exist. atributes are specific to a category. if you have like 3-6 specific atributes/category and you have like 1000 categories or more, how will you chose what to add in listing form. so many things that could be different and much better.

flynax script is a diffrent breed and we have to work with what we have. what we really need now is a responsive layout based on flynax ideea or Bootstrap Framework 3 or other, just to fix this growing issue of different device with different resolutions and layout (pc/tablet/smartphone etc). beyound that, is just a matter of taste and how i or you prefer as look
    Sorry but I think that you misunderstood my post. I am not saying that flynax should rewrite their script especially one to match the example I gave. I was just saying that flynax could incorporate a responsive template (we suggested using bootstrap 3) for the front end that looks better and is more user friendly and I gave an example of what it might look like. Remember we are only talking about the front end that's the look and feel of the software not the script itself. The example I gave is great because it fits multiply display and it eliminates the need for a mobile version of the original website which in my case has errors like the main website.

+ Reply to Thread