+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add Custom Search Form

Cool Add Custom Search Form

Hello Everybody!

Does anyone know how to add a custom form to a page? example: "Recently Added"

Thank You

Hello Ed,

You cannot do it with default functional. If you want it we can create it as a customization for you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor!

I thought it was easy to do this, I thought I could add a form through the "Search Form Manager" see the attached image

search-form-manager.jpg

Thank You!

Unfortunately, not

By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

Hello Rudi and Viktor,

Now I get it.

Thank you for your attention

Good weekend for everyone!
    Last edited by Ed; February 15, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Unfortunately, not

By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

Does this mean that all search forms are only shown where ever there are listings (ex: category pages)? I wanted to add a form on the listing type pages.

I currently own the filter plugin, but have not tested this functionality with the filter plugin, but will that allow filters on the listing type pages?

Brian

Hello Brian,

Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Brian,

Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.
    Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

Thank you
    Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

Thank you
    Brian
    as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.
    Ok,

Thank you Pete! I am preparing to do a full-system clean up anyway...Then I am going to start fresh, and keep it fresh, meaning not carelessly delete listing types as I am beginning to understand their functionality better, It's a lot of work, but fun along the way, I can't wait till I get past this learning curve, but I can already see "The light at the end of the tunnel"!

Brian

+ Reply to Thread