+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Configuration Guide for Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin

Dear Alexandre,

You can use multiField plugin only with listing fields and not with categories, if all you want from multifield is related dropdown in the search forms there is similar option in the software itself -- category multi selection. You can enable it in the listing type edit page. there is also number which indicates how many level of categories do you want to be in your search forms.
    Last edited by Mike; March 13, 2024 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Mike!
    That's exactly what I need and want.
    Best regards,
    Alexandre

1.2.0 version improvements:

- listings link now don't contain location part - and anywhere come without location in their urls to avoid duplicated content
    - rel canonical added when geo filter applied, it defines preferred page for google crawler, help to avoid duplicated content problem too.
    - application side caching system - often used data cached inside the filesystem to avoid database queries
    - user side caching system (based on the sessions) Disabled by default. !Don't enable this feature until you have all your Geo Filter data completely configured.
    - Refresh>Rebuild path function improved

Bug fixes:

- all known Remote Import bugs
    - automatic sub-level fields creation fixed when you link field to the multi-condition and after import finished, now no need to run rebuild function in most cases.
    - non-Latin languages alphabetic order issues

Unfortunately we did not find time to implement "hide empty" feature which is supposed to hide locations without listings inside. Last time there was few requests about it.
    It's require to implement massive recounting system and it's postponed to the next plugin version.

Mike,

I’m wondering how to fix the following problem:

I insert "{location}" into home page Name and Title field (see snapshot).
    However, the location from Geo Filter does not show up in front end.

Any solution how to fix this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago B View Post
    Thanks Mike! it works!

I checked that the database is so long, i mean it uses "state - city"

I can send you more organized, using "state - county - city" in multiple .TXT files splitted, into splitted carpets like "states > county > city"

Let me know for recolet that info and send it to u.

thanks!
    Sure you can send this data we will import it to the server. It's appreciated )

Quote Originally Posted by PGGO View Post
    Mike,

I’m wondering how to fix the following problem:

I insert "{location}" into home page Name and Title field (see snapshot).
    However, the location from Geo Filter does not show up in front end.

Any solution how to fix this issue?
    Did you try to update plugin to the latest version? I think its fixed there

Also i suggest using {if location}{location}{/if} condition to avoid these non-replaced variables to be when you don't have applied location.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Did you try to update plugin to the latest version? I think its fixed there

Also i suggest using {if location}{location}{/if} condition to avoid these non-replaced variables to be when you don't have applied location.
    Yes, Geo Filter is up to date (v 1.2.0)

I also tried to use "{if location}{location}{/if}" and it's not working as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Sure you can send this data we will import it to the server. It's appreciated )
    Ok! i have States and countys, city not yet, it is so long for collect it, so i will send you that i have only, how can i send you ? thanks!

PGGO, Santiago B

Please submit ticket with necessary information i will look, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago B View Post
    Ok! i have States and countys, city not yet, it is so long for collect it, so i will send you that i have only, how can i send you ? thanks!
    I'm working on it, thank you for sharing the data.

Quote Originally Posted by PGGO View Post
    Yes, Geo Filter is up to date (v 1.2.0)
    I also tried to use "{if location}{location}{/if}" and it's not working as well.
    For those who have similar problem here is the fix, there is some code from our working version required to make it working properly:

open includes/rlCommon.class.php find function pageTitle

find code inside
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    replace with

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code

+ Reply to Thread