+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Force List View in Realty Theme?

Force List View in Realty Theme?

Is this possible? Default seems to be gallery view.

For example if you do a search on the main page here http://bit.ly/LPruoS such as London, it will go and search results in gallery view. We need to change this to list view for all users.

Thanks

try to do following

open includes/controllers/listing_type.inc.php

and in the beggining of file add code

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code

Thanks Mike,

But that didn't work. Once you click on List View it sets a cookie and displays list view on that browser. However on a new computer without a cookie set, it always shows gallery view first until changed.

Also, do you know where I can modify the sort links in "Sort listings by".. As some of them do not make sense for our website.

Hello Akhtar,

I think you you add Mike's condition in the beggining of file file search.inc.php too.
    And remove cookies from your browser and then check again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Strange why, are you sure you copied code ? I have checked again and it did the trick for me.

ALso you may pm me details to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhtar Siddiqui View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    Also, do you know where I can modify the sort links in "Sort listings by".. As some of them do not make sense for our website.
    On Browse pages Sort listings by the same as Short Form fields

For Search pages sorting fields are quick form fields, if you want to modify there is only way to modify this in code.

you have to find $sorting array and unset not necessary fields like below

PHP Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Strange why, are you sure you copied code ? I have checked again and it did the trick for me.

ALso you may pm me details to check.
    What Viktor said worked for us Mike. Left the code in both files anyway. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Mike F.;8538]On Browse pages Sort listings by the same as Short Form fields

For Search pages sorting fields are quick form fields, if you want to modify there is only way to modify this in code.

you have to find $sorting array and unset not necessary fields like below

PHP Code:
    /QUOTE]

What file can I find this in? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread