+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: expired listing payment date?

Master
    Yes, I don't understand why they do it that way. So I don’t think this line makes sense because it just shows a bad non-existent date. 00-1-11-30 00:00:00 Such a date does not even exist in reality.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenő Kocsi View Post
    I deactivated a line in cron / index.php. On line 142, I commented on this line: //$action_update['Pay_date'] = ''; so now it shows the date well. But the question is, is this so good or can I make another mistake with it?
    I see that my solution works. Rudi can you confirm that this patch is so good? Or does it need to be improved?

I think you'd better use your solution for the cron file in this case

but the patch is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I think you'd better use your solution for the cron file in this case

but the patch is ok
    Hi Rudi, would you please discuss with the team and make this official. I still don't understand why Flynax wants to change the payment date of all expired listings to the same date. The payment date should show the latest newest payment date, even if the listing is expired.

Guru
    Have you ever considered that they cant change it because it will affect everything else to do with dates and payments.
    8f it was an easy task they would have done it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Have you ever considered that they cant change it because it will affect everything else to do with dates and payments.
    They could just leave it untouched instead of adding code for cron job to change it to a random date of 00-1-11-30 00:00:00. Unless there is a practical use that we are not aware of.

Basically, as I understand it, once a listing expires, both the administrator and user do not know the exact date the listing expired?

What happens if I am a user and I say my listing expired one week before it was scheduled to expire.

In this case, how would an administrator be able to say the listing lasted the correct length of time?

The task about this issue already exists and requires to be discussed in our team: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post24226

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    I think when an ad expires then cron $ action_update ['Pay_date'] = ''; updates the date with this line. The problem is that he is not given what to update so the cron will run and add a bad non-existent date. So this line is either unnecessary or you need a different kind of solution to it. In 4.8.1, Rudi did it to me, but since that file no longer exists, I don't know what the exact fix was.
    Right now, as I solved it, I see it working perfectly, now is a good date for an expired ad.

+ Reply to Thread