+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No activation email

No activation email

Most of my users when they register do not receive any activation email. Some received but most dun.

Even when i resend the activation email link it is still the same

I try switching from phpmail to mail server, it is the same.

Anyone face this problem

Flynax developer
    Hello,

You can try to use SMTP Mail method.

Thanks.

Noted, I trying to outsource this to a third party smtp provider like Authsmtp, sendgrid or amazon ses for better send rate.

However i notice that there are

1) No port that i can specify?

This problem is resolved thank you

Hello Desmond, Please share how you resolved this because i am experiencing same issue.

Many thanks
    Chuks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Lim View Post
    This problem is resolved thank you

I resolve this issue by using a third party smtp services. This is a common problem, I use it for all my other sites. Email is a complex issue which is not easy to resolve even for established sites.

Hello Guys,
    Yes Desmond is right, sometimes default PHP mail function doesn't work for some reasons,
    in this case you can use local or third party SMTP server, just don't forget about SMTP port after
    server hostname, like this: mail.domain.com:26, good luck.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hello Guys,
    Yes Desmond is right, sometimes default PHP mail function doesn't work for some reasons,
    in this case you can use local or third party SMTP server, just don't forget about SMTP port after
    server hostname, like this: mail.domain.com:26, good luck.

John
    please provide detailed steps to solve this issue. no all of us speak the language wich you and Desmond speak. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    please provide detailed steps to solve this issue. no all of us speak the language wich you and Desmond speak. Thanks
    This is problem when using your own host to send out email, it is not a script problem but a common problem faced even you buy a popular product like vbulletin. There is no way a script can ensure delivery of your email.

As far as know the only solution to ensure 100% delivery to this is to engage a third party smtp service like authsmtp, sendgrid, amazon web service etc. and use SMTP to send email using flynax rather than phpmail.

Professional services such as these mentioned above (and there are more) have relationships with various ISPs (Internet Service Providers) and also provide strict guidelines for those who use their service to avoid being labeled as a server that delivers spam.

i have asked for detailed instructions...where to go, what to do.
    i have the problem reported as well. used first a email adress from my website and didn't receive 1 email. switched to gmail account, received 30 emails yestarday for 30 ads and today none. This is a serious problem wich flynax doesn't care to solve

+ Reply to Thread