+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search Page Select Menus...

Search Page Select Menus...

I would like to adjust the text inside the select menus for the location.

Ex: Select Country
    Ex: Select State
    Ex: Select City

See Screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    ? that is the name of the listing fields ? where those names are changed, do you now have 3 x country showing?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    ? that is the name of the listing fields ? where those names are changed, do you now have 3 x country showing?
    Yes Pete that is correct, I want them to say Country in the upper select, then state in the middle select, and City in the lower select menu. I adjusted in the template but that was not the result.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Then you need to rename those fields to what you want in your listing fields
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Then you need to rename those fields to what you want in your listing fields
    I checked in the listing fields, and there is a Country field, but on the website, the default for country is NOT Select Country as the listing field says, it just says -any-

can you provide a bit more information on how to change that? Referring to the default option for each of the select menus on the search page (Country State and City select menus)

I *could* change it in the language file, but the problem with that is that there is only one - Any - phrase, and if I change that to say Country, then all will say country, I need them to say what they actually are. Country, State, and City, so I will need to change code somewhere, I will check again in the field_search.tpl file.

Update:: The best I was able to get so far is in the fields_search.tpl file (/template/blocks folder) was changing $lang.any to $lang.country, but the result shows country in all 3 select menus, how do I just change each one separately?

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; September 17, 2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Brian I just checked your site and your state / city seem not to work at all you will need to get support to look at what has gone wrong as I can not see the problem by just looking at your site.

Pete,

Sorry for the late reply. I currently am having my apartment repainted and a lot of my computer stuff is packed up under drop cloths. I am using my phone to preview the website. From my phone it appears to work fine the drop-down menus on the search page.

Can you confirm what is not working Pete?

Brian I just checked your site and your state / city seem not to work at all you will need to get support to look at what has gone wrong as I can not see the problem by just looking at your site.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    As in your picture nothing comes up, so get flynax to look at the error.

As in your picture nothing comes up, so get flynax to look at the error.
    Pete,

I still don't understand what you mean by nothing comes up. Have a look at this picture:

To better explain what I mean, you see how it says -Select Category- in the dropdown menus?

I want the Country drop down menu to say: Select Country
    I want the State drop down menu to say: Select State
    I want the City drop down menu to say: Select City

Is that possible?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    O OK, I see I think it just says "select a category" as you see it. Did you add "a category" to languages because mine just says "select" anyway it looks a universal option / one word?
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 26, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread