+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured listing flaw?

When you use the word 'plan', are you referring to a 'membership plan'?

So basically all featured ads bon't work?

As my recent post noted, feature Content Boxes do not work either.

Is this software an 'Alpha' release or is it 'Stable' as I recently reported at least 3 other bugs?

Guru
    Instead of all the workarounds, why does flynax just not fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    When you use the word 'plan', are you referring to a 'membership plan'?

So basically all featured ads bon't work?

As my recent post noted, feature Content Boxes do not work either.

Is this software an 'Alpha' release or is it 'Stable' as I recently reported at least 3 other bugs?
    I meant listing plan since I don't use member plan. But I think they have the same issue.
    Featured plan works, but you should warn users 2 things:
    - Make sure the listing active day is longer than the featured plan offer. For example featured plan has 5 days offer. Listing should have active period longer than 5 days, or they are wasting money for example listing expire in 2 days but they paid for a 5 days featured.
    - Make sure once user bought the featured plan, don't renew listing plan. Or they will lose the featured status.

This software is stable, just need to focus working with users to fix current bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Instead of all the workarounds, why does flynax just not fix this issue?
    Yes that what I thought when I reported the issue in 2018 with version 4.6.2. I'm then test very single new version release after up til today. You just take a look at my report with detail explanation and suggestion for fix. I spend ton of time. I have not mentioned that I created support tickets as well, probably 2-3 and was told it will be fixed. It was not. So I just ignore it and don't use more than 1 plan, and no featured plan. I can do this because my site is still testing site for main purpose.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; September 10, 2020 at 08:43 AM.

Wei,

Thank you.

May I ask what you listing plan offers?

Guru
    it should be possible to have a normal plan and featured? free + paid ads? I am about to do some testing so will update my findings here for you.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Wei,

Thank you.

May I ask what you listing plan offers?
    I have one listing for 30 days for all categories only. Keep in mind that my site is for developing purpose so 99% of the listing was mine posting testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    it should be possible to have a normal plan and featured? free + paid ads? I am about to do some testing so will update my findings here for you.
    Yes I thought about this many times before. To have a normal + featured plan for example you choose this plan you have 5 days featured and 30 days none-feature active time. But with the current bugs unfixed I just don't want to add new enhanced functions to the team.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; September 11, 2020 at 05:27 AM.

Guru
    Edit Wei,

I have tested this and it seems fine I am using single plans and a free version and a paid featured version.

so if I do a free listing I get

Active
    Added Sep 11, 2020
    Active till Sep 18, 2020
    Plan Members
    Renew/Upgrade Package

so far all is good.

Now if I choose to change and go to featured (not not upgrade to featured) just a single action featured, I get

Active
    Added Sep 11, 2020
    Active till Sep 25, 2020
    Plan Members Featured
    Renew/Upgrade Package
    Featured till Sep 18, 2020

which is all good (both times are set to seven days) so the first one is 11 plus 7 = 18 which is correct then I decide to add a featured option again at 7 days I get

18 = 7 = 25 which is a correct time for expiry and my featured length runs for 7 days till the 18th which is also correct ?

? are you doing something different for it to get an error ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Edit Wei,

I have tested this and it seems fine I am using single plans and a free version and a paid featured version.

so if I do a free listing I get

Active
    Added Sep 11, 2020
    Active till Sep 18, 2020
    Plan Members
    Renew/Upgrade Package

so far all is good.

Now if I choose to change and go to featured (not not upgrade to featured) just a single action featured, I get

Active
    Added Sep 11, 2020
    Active till Sep 25, 2020
    Plan Members Featured
    Renew/Upgrade Package
    Featured till Sep 18, 2020

which is all good (both times are set to seven days) so the first one is 11 plus 7 = 18 which is correct then I decide to add a featured option again at 7 days I get

18 = 7 = 25 which is a correct time for expiry and my featured length runs for 7 days till the 18th which is also correct ?

? are you doing something different for it to get an error ?
    Hey Pete, as I mentioned above. This issue happen with plan with different duration days. Like plan A: 3 days, plan B: 5 days. And the issue with featured was upgrade to feature, which does not add days. If you use single plan feature the it does add I assume it works like none-feature, but must have the same duration like 7 days ? The risk is if they renew their ads with none feature plan while having feature status, they LOSE the feature status right away.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; September 11, 2020 at 06:09 AM.

Check my post here:
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs

Problem 1: Offer multiple listing plans with different active duration (days).

Guru
    ok will trial different days, but now really confused with the monetize plugin nothing seems to be working with that properly, frustrated.

+ Reply to Thread