+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

Hello Petrache,
    I had not vacations in this year yet and I am not sick, just was very busy with other development.
    Today have some time to work with the template.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    13. Please add grid/list view modes as well for Recently added page
    We removed the grid view switcher from the "recently added" page because there isn't sorting on this
    page and grid mode switcher looks alone. Also it looks not good when you have not enough listing per day
    to fill whole line and it looks like this:Screen-Shot-2014-08-23-at-3.12.15-PM.jpg
    But if you really want to have that switcher on the "Recently Added" page do the following:
    1. style.css line ~3822
    find the code:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    2. /blocks/grid.tpl
    find code:
    PHP Code:
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    3. /controllers/recently.tpl
    Find the code:
    PHP Code:
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hello Petrache,
    I had not vacations in this year yet and I am not sick, just was very busy with other development.
    Today have some time to work with the template.

We removed the grid view switcher from the "recently added" page because there isn't sorting on this
    page and grid mode switcher looks alone. Also it looks not good when you have not enough listing per day
    to fill whole line and it looks like this:Attachment 1075
    But if you really want to have that switcher on the "Recently Added" page do the following:
    1. style.css line ~3822
    find the code:
    PHP Code:
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    2. /blocks/grid.tpl
    find code:
    PHP Code:
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    3. /controllers/recently.tpl
    Find the code:
    PHP Code:
    replace with:
    PHP Code:
    That is all.
    Thanks for the instructions. I am sure others will appreciate it as well.
    I am glad that you are not sick (sorry that you didn't get on vacation yet) but i am worried that week after week pass and responsive is still not ok. Reports of bugs from other users are almost non-existent (unfortunaly) and flynax doesn't have a dedicated developer to work just on this. As it is now, we have a little work here, a little work there and in the end the progress is very slow. To me is quite frustrating because i push hard to have this fixed fast, half of year has passed and we are not done and i can start to work on my website only after you finish. Yestarday i have just found 2 new issues on adroid and that is after 3 min of testing the functionality of the script.

if the fields group are not used, than the Listing tab should not exist, becouse there is nothing beneth.
    Fixed

15. Attachment 1000
    in mobile, when creating a new listing we have an horizontal overflow (scroll) that should not exist. please remove it
    Fixed

16. Attachment 1001
    the plan page is not ok in mobile. we should see the block and beneth Standard listing +/- Featured listing and after all we should see the second type of plan.
    as it is now, we see 2 columns, the first 1 is fixed with wasted space in sides and between rows and the second column with Standard/Featured is Crushed in the right side
    Fixed, now it looks like this: Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 5.16.27 PM.jpg

John

I really appreciate it in case you wanna know. Been keeping track of the bug.

Hello John. This issue is coming from plugin Multi-field/Geo filtering. It's about resetting the location preference.

go to http://general.demoflynax.com/ and in home page you have the block "Your Location". Go to admin area http://general.demoflynax.com/admin/...o_filter_block and activate the block in all categories (Show in categories)

now, go to http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/home-and-garden/ and in left side the block is showing. Chose Brazil and the links is now http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil...s/electronics/ (filter is active and shows 0 listings -ok).

The problem is that the filter should reset the moment you leave the page by click on any link like logo/navbar/footer/menu etc...
    This doesn't happens and it is creating issues.
    if you click to create a new listing, the link is now http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil...ct-a-plan.html wich is wrong
    if you click on search, the link is http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/search.html
    for dealers page we see http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil...-accounts.html
    for recently added we see http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil...tly-added.html and so on (in all of them we should not see brazil or brazil/city/ if we selected city as well)

This behaves even worse if you use it together with field bound box - you know the issues since you deal with them on my website last year when you added the reset X in the block. I looked for a flynax demo wich has multifieds+field bound boxes to demonstrate all the issues but you do not have one.

Please update the plugin by implementing the reset the moment you move away from the page (like it is in any script) and all the issues will be gone

In case you wonder why i requested this. The reason is quite simple. I prefer to have the bug fixed in the actual plugins instead of my files patched. I compared for instance your fixed file rlMultiField.class.php to the one from the latest version of the plugin from download and they look tottaly different - see image with differences from codecompare
    difference.jpg

Is one thing to update a file with 2-5 lines of code and a totaly different thing when you have a new redesign of the file - as you can see by the number of differences shown
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; August 24, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

compare.jpg

as you can see, in compare we see cut off button and olso, Title for 2 times?

user.jpg

As you can see, when we have shorter name, the layout is broken.
    Name shuld show in first line, location in second. If location is longer than the with of the box, it should show in 2 lines, if not, show in 1.

Olso, on longer names, they must not get over or under the message icon

John, please provide a solution to the bug from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...+listing+email
    It has passed 7 months and no solution was provided by flynax.

The best solution would be as Morgan said as well to send the cookie with the link so that the users are logged in directly by click on the link, same way as it happens on olx which is used by millions of users in whole world without being seen as "a security threat".
    Thanks

Guru
    John, please provide a solution to the bug from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...+listing+email
    It has passed 7 months and no solution was provided by flynax.

The best solution would be as Morgan said as well to send the cookie with the link so that the users are logged in directly by click on the link, same way as it happens on olx which is used by millions of users in whole world without being seen as "a security threat".
    Thanks
    what about if you go to languages and edit the text from "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" to something like "Please log in to continue" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    what about if you go to languages and edit the text from "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" to something like "Please log in to continue" ?
    Yes, we can do that but that is a general message which appears in other cases as well and we don't want that.

In addition, this can be pushed even further.
    Let's say that i am a user which has 100 ads. some of them expired today. So i went to my account and renew them all. After 1 hour i check my email and i see the emails sent by the script in which i am told that the listings will expire and we have the renew link (which leads to error 404 because flynax team didn't implement a cookie so that users are logged in automatic on link click). So, i click on that, and after the classic 404 error, i login and once i login what i have? Another 404 error and a blank page with the word Renew. The obvious question is why on hell do we not see the listing which is already renewed or have anything - a text a link to the proper listing or something?
    We (and flynax as well ) will look as professionals or like amateurs with such functionality bugs?

Things like one page register or one page submit listing or proper renew or automatic login or action (renew/delete/deactivate etc) directly from email by click (via cookie) makes the script up to the level of existing competition (check olx.ro or tocmai.ro and i bet each country has similar scripts) and most important friendly and easy to use by a young or a older person which will do magic for us and for flynax in the end. The soon the will realise and move forward with this, the better it will be for all of us.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; August 25, 2014 at 06:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread