+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search error

Master

Search error

With real estate script, I have a problem with the keyword search, if I choose exact match search, nothing is found. What could be the problem, or what is the basis of this search?

Master
    There is no solution to why the search engine does not find anything if I choose the exact match? I type in apartment for sale and it says there are no ads, if I type in for sale you will find an ad.

Note that the keyword search uses only text and textarea fields for matching

Master
    OK, couldn't this be somehow expanded to search in the title of the ad as well?

It should work with title since it's a text field, but I can't tell what's wrong

Master
    In my case, the title of the ad consists of the name of the category and the city, I think that's why it doesn't search in that, but this is a mistake, because I think the essence of the search engine would be to be able to search anywhere and not just in the text field.

Standard search doesn't support categories and dropdown fields as it would affect the page load speed

it's possible in the new template (via smart search)

Master
    Yes, I already use the new template, but the intelligent search does not work for me. I'm using it for a real estate script, could this be the problem, or am I setting something up wrong?

This template supports only classifieds script as it uses its special hooks from settings.tpl.php
    Last edited by Rudi; June 15, 2024 at 05:20 PM.

Master
    Everything works fine except intelligent search, so I deleted it so I don't use it, but the template turned out to be very good.

+ Reply to Thread