+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitemap plugin - Change frequency of categories

Sitemap plugin - Change frequency of categories

Heya!

I was looking at the sitemap plugin and saw that the changefreq on categories are set at weekly.
    I changed it to daily but that changes all to daily...

OR does google index my site more often than weekly already ?

My site takes forever to get indexed, the listing i mean.
    But if i change anything on the frontpage it gets index very fast.

Anyone know how this works ?

Also i have tried some new listings on my site by searching on them on google.
    Google dont find them but if i take the url to the listing and search for that on google
    then google shows me the listing.

What is going on with my site :/ :S

NEVER: Old news stories, press releases, etc.
    YEARLY: Contact, “About Us”, login, registration pages.
    MONTHLY: FAQs, instructions, occasionally updated articles.
    WEEKLY: Product info pages, website directories.
    DAILY: Blog entry index, classifieds, small message board.
    HOURLY: Major news site, weather information, forum.
    ALWAYS: Stock market data, social bookmarking categories

We should have more option on this plugin.
    All we can change right now are freq and prio for all content.
    there should be different freq and prio on different things.
    Last edited by Peter Jonsson; February 1, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Hi Peter, I checked right now when I read this and I took one of my adds, search the main title and found it on the 10th place. THoRNQVIST IMPORT, T-SHIRT
    www.fyndklippet.se/.../thornqvist-import-t-s... - Translate this pageShare5 days ago – Titel: etc...
    But then I use Attracta to deliver my sitemap and Google Webmaster Tools. The index frequency is also depending on traffic and how much the content is changing for Google to be interested in indexing. This moment I have about 95% of the page indexed in Google.
    I wonder, du you have settings in your plug-in? I have only, in configurations, number of links which is set to 5000. I have the latest rev of the plugin. (I wish that Flynax could set this forum to COOP WITH OUR DOTS ABOVE THE LETTERS!) I don't know how many times I have to rewrite because I forgot one of those little basterds.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Yes i know it also depends on my traffic but it shouldnt take 7days+ to get indexed.
    I looked at your listings to. Your site takes 3days to get new listings indexed.

As my index page gets index the same day if i change the text on it then in my thoughts i believe that the new listings should be index the same day also.

It's just that i dont have any problem with my other sites to get indexed on the same day.
    Im just trying to figure out why.

I have a site with less visitors and content than my classified site that gets index the same day.
    Makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by Peter Jonsson; February 2, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Yep that is correct. I'm not sure if we could get it more rapid without boost packs etc.

//Morgan

What do you mean by boost packs ?

Oh like SEO packs or Alexa BOOST packs like http://www.fulltraffic.com it will give you a higher ranking. Flynax has got a SEO pack but I think it is very expensive. I'm sure that you could boost your traffic and ranking by a little effort, writing in blogs, forums etc.

//Morgan

No way i will pay for SEO. I already rank good in my keywords, well not all but im getting better and better ranking on them to.
    Also i think the SEO part is the most fun with having a website.

I think the SEO part is probably the hardest bit if like me your not 100% sure on what you are doing , having said that i have noticed since my site has become over a year old it is starting to rank alot better, and i am gaining more and more through search engines. Just need 1000's of listings on my site now
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Yep you need traffic to interest Google which lead to ranking which lead to more organic hits which leads to conversions which leads to listings IF your site has got traffic and looks and feels OK for the user.
    So link your site everywhere, like in this forum - you get a lot more hits if you add your link in your signature. For a wheeler dealer as you, there must be tons of forums and blogs, tests and god knows what, start a swepstake with FREE advertising for a whole year as a super user or something.
    Then, sadly - to gain more ads, maybe a paying alternativ is the best. Like Adwords and fullTraffic. But even then, you have to know what you are doing.

If I got the answer for a 4.2 feature, it would be SEO Tools.

//Morgan

Ye but linking my site on this site makes me a target of hackers that wants this script and i dont want that.

+ Reply to Thread