+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Items from individual categories- home page

But I can't find the "+ Add new block" button you're referring to. Here's what I want: Show latest adverts (from all categories) in a slider or a content box in home page.
    Can you please walk me through the steps of doing just that? Thanks

I would just install listing box plugin and the listing carousel plugin.

Then In Listing box plugin section in admin create a block of recently added listings. Then use the carousel plugin to turn the box into a slider
    Last edited by Chris Brown; July 30, 2014 at 01:18 PM.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Chris, when I install the listings box plugin, it only shows new and popular "Boats", while I don't even have boats as one of my categories. I couldn't make it to show Autos or other categories that I have. Is the listings box plugin explained in the manual? If so I'll have a look to understand how it works.

Lol, it's easy to say "create a block of recently added listings" but it's not that easy to do it on the Admin panel. Flynax admin panel lacks clarity and it's definitely NOT intuitive!

I don't know if something is wrong with my installation but I don't see the plugins that I activate under the "Plugins" tab.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 16.36.16.jpg

Is that how it should be or should the activated plugins be in the list?

If you have listing box plugin installed and activated it should show in that list. Then you would usually click listing box there which takes you to box configuration,

You could try removing plugin from files on server and then re installing

That was correct! I had to delete the plugin folder and then install it from the admin panel plugins tab. it works now thanks

Great glad its sorted

thank you .........

This is an old thread so I just want to check for an update to the 2013 post

Looking at rlListingsBox.class.php 4.9.2 version it looks to me like the by_category option is already built in.

Line 158 in rlListingsBox.class.php reads:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    And my recent listing box already has by default extra values from the 2013 post above
    getListings( "listings", "recently_added", "10", "0", "0" );

Which I assume corresponds to
    type=listings
    order=recently added
    limit=show 10 listings
    unique=(not sure how to use unique)
    by_category=(is this category id# or category name?)

I tried both the main category name and the category ID in that final spot, and it's not limiting to category 623.
    I got the category ID from doing a get search that shows the category I want
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Do I specify by category name or id?
    As of 4.9.2, do I still need to do a modification as in the past to make this work, or is this built in already now as it appears to be? Anything else I need to do to create a box that includes listings from one specific category now in 4.9.2?
    Last edited by Horizon; January 14, 2024 at 06:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread