+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why there is no default category for Opel in Flynax Auto?

Why there is no default category for Opel in Flynax Auto?

Hello people, I am surprised that I found no default category for Opel in Flynax Auto Classifieds.

I suppose it depends where you come from etc. in the uk, Opel is called vauxhall. The majority of makes and models are there. It's not too difficult to add a few more where needed
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

I know its easy to add, but I thought maybe Flynax guys had forgotten Opel

Hi Maaz,
    Thanks Chris, you fenced off as in this case
    But actually Maaz is right, our makes/model is out of date and we are going to update it in next version of the software.
    Now we are looking for fresh makes/models database, if someone know about paid or free one please let us know in this thread.

John

We also working on the Car Specification plugin, the plugin will have it's own database with makes models and also listing fields data, in other words plugin will replace all existing data regarding the auto makes, models and fields with it's own. So it's kind of specific plugin which you will not be able to install from the admin panel because it will remove all your data. We will give it you by request or your will be able to download it from the site.

But the way with database replacing the one we see to implement useful Car Specification system. Looking for the best database for this purposes too
    Last edited by Mike; January 25, 2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: didn't see John's answe, part about outdated makes database removed

I have added loads of car makes and models and also spent countless hours(felt like years) adding motorbikes . If you can somehow extract the data from my site i dont mind.

Also like the sound of the car specification plugin. How will this be different from what we have now. will it hold lots of information about car technical specs etc like sub-models, bhp,

Wow, very nice news to read at the morning.
    About Car Specification plugin, do you have any realase date of it?

I have also added realty, phone, tablet, pc etc categories to my auto classified from Flynax. That I bought was because of Auto Database, its hard to find all make and models and also add fields for it.

So I bought auto classified, got all auto and added realty and other categories. Much easier.

I am waiting for Car Specification plugin...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    How will this be different from what we have now. will it hold lots of information about car technical specs etc like sub-models, bhp,
    yes exactly, the idea is to have tech specification database in addition to the makes models sub models data.

It should have relation with the models, sub models data to work properly, that's why all data should be replaced.

I can't say any date for now, it's now on initial step actually, it will take at least one month for the initial release. We should find database at first

Hi Mike

I will try and have a look around for a datatbase, theres plenty of websites with all the information, but i doubt they release access to their databases.

I know here in the Uk the main source of this information is Cap data http://www.cap.co.uk/products-and-se.../data-products

They do all sorts of services but i dont think its cheap. Then again i have never asked so i might be wrong lol

I have found some sites of interest, i will PM you instead of posting links everywhere

Hello people

Any news about Car Specification plugin?

It was one year ago, could you guys from Flynax team update some info?

+ Reply to Thread