+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ripping my hair out already :(

Ripping my hair out already :(

I've just started using FlyNax today and am runnign into some problems importing categories using the Im/Ex Categories plugin. It would seem that it only supports two levels of categories with the third level ending up as a top level category. Here's an extract from my excel import:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    'For Sale' is the top level cat, 'Baby & Kids Stuff' is nested below it, but then 'Baby Clothes' becomes a top level category of its own. Its driving me nuts.

Guru
    Reverse what your doing and export first then import once you have a blue print. In the existing cats add a third / forth level and then export it it using your system, then open that export up and look at the layout, replicate that layout to what you want / edit a name and import it back in and it should all work fine.

Thanks for the idea, but I've already tried that (was one of the first things I did).

If anyone has an extract that works I'd be interested to take a look, but I'm 96% sure I've got the layout in the way that it suggests.

Update: Just to say that I set up a set of dummy categories, exported, cleared the table and then one reimporting the export it completely screwed up the layout.

This is causing me so many headaches...I really am dreading importing my counties, towns and cities now. I haven't given it a proper test but it seems here that Flyntax is insisting that I have countries, when all I want is it permanently defaulted to the UK.

Guru
    not good it did not import, but also confused why you say you need all countries ? you can go into the database and edit the data base and set as many countries as you want to inactive as you want and you can set the UK as the default country from that listing / maybe that controls some thing else ? / from memory there is also a country default in setup / settings ?

Dear James,

Please provide us with the file you are importing in order to investigate the problem. (you can PM it or create ticket)

Hello James,
    Your file structure looks wrong for the first category because the second columns should be empty,
    probably structure corrupted due to copy past action. It would be great to see your file in original.

John

+ Reply to Thread