+ Reply to Thread

Thread: European low for cookie

European low for cookie

http://www.icaew.com/en/library/subj...laws-apply-now

what is the cookie situation for the script? we have to specify the types of cookies used by your script so please provide details

Hi Petrache,

Well at first we use cookies for storing user session key (default PHP logic),
    also some plugins use cookies to store such data as listing IDs user visited or added to favorites.
    We NEVER use cookies to store some personal data as name, password, address and so on.

I hope I answered your question.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi Petrache,

Well at first we use cookies for storing user session key (default PHP logic),
    also some plugins use cookies to store such data as listing IDs user visited or added to favorites.
    We NEVER use cookies to store some personal data as name, password, address and so on.

I hope I answered your question.

John
    Hello John. The cookie policy plugin needs some tunning becouse users who lands for he first time on the website will see this plugin with 2 options Accept or Decline, without any posibility to see before what is the actual policy. The plugin should show the text and olso a link to the Cookie policy page so that visitors can read it before accept it or decline it. This can not be achieve via translation, like To see the cookie poicy, please Click Here - and when users click on "Click Here" they should see a new page or the same page with the cookie policy.

turns out that a link can be added in translation, but, after redirect, the page is still frozen so users can't read the Cookie policy. So we are spinning around our tails... Why should a user agree to something that he can't read it? Or do i miss something regarding this whole ideea?

I have the same problem! What i have to do, that the page with more details to be open in new tab and not be frozen. Thanks!
    How to make it like this: http://www.cheapdeals.ie/
    Last edited by Giuseppe Mollo; June 2, 2016 at 02:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread