+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable add listing in Category

Disable add listing in Category

Hello,

How can let seller to must select a category to continue adding listing.

Because I have sector Auto, when somebody click on Auto, direct they continue to adding listing without choose car name.
    Or in demo here if you wanna add a listing, if just click on Book, you can continue to add listing without select sub-category, but I wanna they must select the category, I don't wanna they just click on Book and continue adding listing without selecting Accessories, Audiobooks, Children
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to lock the top level categories for those which have sub levels. Go to admin choose category for example auto, click to edit it, there should be option to lock it
    Last edited by Chris Brown; January 15, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Thanks Chris, You have right worked for me, but how hide lock icon in adding new listing?lock-icon.PNG

Hello Oslo,

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Thanks Chris, You have right worked for me, but how hide lock icon in adding new listing?Attachment 318
    Admin Panel > categories > edit (Books) - field "Lock the category" - yes and no options.
    Please check it.
    Thanks.

but (Books) is top level categories and it is lock, but sub levels are no locks, my question is, is there anyway to hide "lock icon" on top level categories if is locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    but (Books) is top level categories and it is lock, but sub levels are no locks, my question is, is there anyway to hide "lock icon" on top level categories if is locked?
    I deleted the "lock" image from gallery.png when i wanted it gone.

Just open gallery.png in a paint program and delete the part of the image that look like the lock

Already did it, still show it.

I deleted also gallery.png on server just for test it, still show on, and Refreshed system.
    Last edited by Oslo; January 17, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

Can be your browser that shows you a cached version.

now my website looking very ugly, show very small white image in every place on website.

Hello all,

if you want remove 'lock' icon from locked categories you should do it in css.
    Please go to ftp://templates>>your_template>>css>>style.css and find line div.tree ul li.locked > a, div.tree ul li.locked > label and in this style remove background: .....;
    if you use rtl type for your site you should go to ftp://templates>>your_template>>css>>rtl.css and find same style here: div.tree ul li.locked > a, div.tree ul li.locked > label and in background you should white none
    background: none;

it's solution for add listing page.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread