+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebuild Multi Fields (Recreate all)

Rebuild Multi Fields (Recreate all)

Hello

I have some questions and need help to work with multifields. It will be very helpfull if Flynax give us instructions for Multifield plugin, here or on the web site where is manual for users.

1) Can anybody explain me what is this exactly? What is this function recreating?

2) In admin panel, under Common, in Refresh there are 2 similar functions for Multifields plugin:

- Rebuild Multi Fields (Recreate all)
    - Rebuild Multi Fields (Add missing fields)
    - Refresh Paths

I would like to learn and understand what each of them is used for. What are the differences between them and in what cases to use them. Is there any possibility that one of that functions delete/remove some of my items in multifields?

At the moment on my site there is displaying just few multifields that I have created, but I have created them more. I have deleted memory cash and history but it doesn`t help. Which function I must use now to display all created items in the geo filter?

Regards
    Toni

Recreate all will delete your existing "Sub Level" fields. In this case it will delete all existing in the fields data and then recreate the fields.

Add missing fields will not delete your exiting fields.

I think Add Missing fields option is what you want.

purpose??

I don`t understand why you add this function to refresh? It is very dangerous, I can accidentaly delete all my fields. Can you remove it from my admin panel?

BTW, the other function does not help me. Fields are still not available in geo filter list.

It's supposed to be executed by the people who know what he do or by the support staff, because there are few scenarios when configuring multi field where it's necessary to run the function.

I've disabled it on your website

disabled is ok

Thank you, disabled is better solution. A lot of times happens in my life that I accidentaly click on the wrong place. Functions like this need at least to work with confirmation request. Because once you click on it, there is no coming back.
    Maybe you can do that in future for other users, for safety. You know what I mean...when you click on that, system ask you:

Are you sure? Action will delete existing fields.

Yes i understand, i think i will add confirmation to the next plugin version. I agree that's it's necessary to have it there.

automatic update

Ok, that is perfect, when you do that I want it enabled again. Will automatic update work in my case? Or I need to contact you here or in ticket?

And look my ticket I have sent: KXN-471167

That is for multifileds...as in Chrome I have something work bad. I sent you there screenshots. And the list type geo filter is not working completly good. It don`t offer the 2nd level fileds.

Waiting your replay in ticket!
    Regards
    Toni

Ok, i will check the ticket soon.

If By Automatic update you mean plugin updating with the button yet it will work for you.

Yes, I mean that. Thank you for explanation.

+ Reply to Thread