+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Map API breakdown cost

Master

Google Map API breakdown cost

Dear Flynax Dev,

Would you kindly let me know which part of the script are using the following Google API:
    1. Maps API
    2. Maps Static API
    3. Geocoding API
    4. Places API

I assume the following but I'm not sure:
    1. Maps API is used on search on map page. Is this true and is there anywhere else use this API?
    2. Maps Static API is used on listing detail pages. Is this true and is there anywhere else use this API?
    3. Geocoding API, this I really don't know
    4. Places API, same I have no idea

Please help me to understand more so I can adjust them.

Thank you so much

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Thanks Rudi, so from the post you referred me to, Flynax uses these:
    - Static Maps
    - Dynamic Street View (for Street View plugin)

- Autocomplete (included with Places Details)
    + Places Details
    + Basic Data

- Geocoding API
    What about
    1. Maps API? What is this used for from Flynax Script? If I disable this API what will not work anymore?
    2. Maps Static API > I'm not so sure it's not stated, I assume this is used in the listing detail page?
    3. Geocoding API and 4. Places API which part of Flynax used this for?

I'm sorry please be a bit patient with me, I'm still trying to find official answer so I can adjust some of the services.
    Thanks Rudi

1. Please, google it

2. All the maps that are not dynamic (static images). You can also find it on the seller's page

3. It's used for autocomplete searching and converting addresses to coordinates (latitude, longitude)

All you need is to follow the instructions from the thread to set up API keys correctly or you can switch to free map providers supported by Flynax and not sweat at all

Master
    1. Please, google it

2. All the maps that are not dynamic (static images). You can also find it on the seller's page

3. It's used for autocomplete searching and converting addresses to coordinates (latitude, longitude)

All you need is to follow the instructions from the thread to set up API keys correctly or you can switch to free map providers supported by Flynax and not sweat at all
    Thank you for at least elaborating the other 2. I will try to figure the what Flynax use Map API for

Master
    1. Please, google it

Hi Rudi, I tried the free carto map and it looks nice. Is there anyway I can change the map color scheme to match with the template and dark mode?

What color scheme do you mean? (example)

Master
    What color scheme do you mean? (example)
    Hi Rudi, like this color look a bit pale and yellow. Can I make it more blue?
    Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 1.50.02 PM.png

I googled and found this page here with several color combination for carto map, but I'm not sure if we can make such change to Flynax Carto map:
    https://carto.com/carto-colors/

+ Reply to Thread