+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you turn off categories ltcategories_listings content box?

How do you turn off categories ltcategories_listings content box?

Just a minor detail , but I've tried this about 6 times now so I may as well ask:

Under content boxes there is a default content box for categories with key ltcategories_listings

I have the filter plugin and have categories as my top filter, so having the categories content box in the sidebar on my main listing type is redundant.

I tried to change this content box from Active to Inactive.

But I noticed after some unknown timeframe, it would be Active again (without me setting it to active.)

I then tried unchecking the box for all pages so it would appear on no page.

But it automatically re-checks the box for my main listing type page.

So it keeps coming back on its own to display a list of categories under the filter box which also has categories in my main listing type page sidebar.

Is there a safe way to set it to set the ltcategories_listings content box inactive?
    Last edited by Horizon; February 16, 2024 at 04:25 AM.

Strange... The status should stay the way you set it.

We need to look into this, you'd better create a ticket

I will create a ticket next time it happens.

Maybe by complaining I will jinx it into not misbehaving But if it does I'll open a ticket next time. Thanks.

Thanks to Rudi pointing me in the right direction on my other categories question, the answer to this one became obvious too.

Under Listing Types -> listing type there is no option (that I can see) to disable the category box which is set midway in the page; Under that you can enable/disable for additional pages to show additional category content box, but the primary category content box for the listing type page doesn't have a disable option that I can see. So any time I edit the listing type I believe the category content box becomes activated again.

So I just have to remember to deactivate it again under the content boxes section after any time I edit the listing type if I don't want it to display I believe.
    Last edited by Horizon; February 20, 2024 at 10:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread