+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firefox 121.0.1 (64-bit) search alert not working

Firefox 121.0.1 (64-bit) search alert not working

Search Alerts work great in chrome/edge and older firefox browsers, but I just found that with the latest firefox, if I search for something and don't find any results, and click "Add an Alert to get emails about new ads matching your criteria." it fails and says

Please select search criteria in the form and do a search to add an alert.
    (search is set to get)

It's a normal behavior and works the same in all browsers if none of the criteria is selected

No, the default template has the "Add an Alert" link for a search with no results. (this appears under the H1 in the main body)

In most browsers, that adds an alert for that search so you get an alert if someone posts an ad matching the search. I think this is a great flynax feature that I really like!

So if you search for keyword "something-good" and no ads currently match "something-good" keyword, you can click "add an alert" so that if someone later posts a "something-good" you will get an alert.

In the latest firefox, if you have search set to get request, if you search for "something-good" and no ads currently match, the default template phrase gives you an option to add an alert, but firefox fails to actually add that alert and gives the error instead to please select search criteria.

It works with search set to post request but this Add an Alert breaks when set to get request; I like get request search because that way if someone wants to share or save a search, they can bookmark or share the url to direct someone else to their search.
    Last edited by Horizon; January 24, 2024 at 03:21 AM.

Couldn't reproduce this error on my Firefox

The keyword search tab doesn't support 'Save an Alert'

The link I'm talking about is on search-results.html when there are no results.

It's in the main body section between
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Works great in chrome, edge, and older firefox. Not sure how that link is made (with javascript?) but possibly something about how firefox handles the get string...

+ Reply to Thread