+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User IP address log

I'm glad that more Flynax customers speak up for this. I had raised this many time over the past years and this is probably one with most engagement.
    With your voices I hope Flynax would add this function.

Ok, I've added a suggestion to our to-do list

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Ok, I've added a suggestion to our to-do list
    Thank you Rudi, that's a real progress.

Just wanted to add the need for this for both legal and practical reasons.

I would like to have a log with IP and timestamp when someone:
    1.) registers and agrees to the terms of use and privacy policy
    2.) posts a listing
    3.) modifies a listing
    4.) changes the status of a listing
    5.) deletes a listing
    6.) sends a contact/email message through flynax software

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Just wanted to add the need for this for both legal and practical reasons.

I would like to have a log with IP and timestamp when someone:
    1.) registers and agrees to the terms of use and privacy policy
    2.) posts a listing
    3.) modifies a listing
    4.) changes the status of a listing
    5.) deletes a listing
    6.) sends a contact/email message through flynax software
    Excellent suggestion. Can't wait for it

There is a bigger problem to solve first, we need to have the complete list of cookies, these cookies need to be categorized and divided into essential, functional, tracking, etc. The user must be allowed to choose which category of cookies to accept or not and the script (Flynax) must block cookies without consent. Flynax should think about a plugin for Iubenda.com for example. But we need to hurry because these rules have been in force for a while.

Regarding cookies, there is an option under cookies in the admin menu to block cookies before consent, but then it seems to disable geo display of the notice ?

I want to be sure to be legally compliant for the areas that require the popup consent, but it's important to be able to geo target the display of this to only areas where it's legally required.

At least as a web surfer, I find these really annoying and redundant so I want to comply with laws where they are required (and where people thus are used to being forced to see and click them each time they visit a new website) but don't want to force unnecessary popups on visitors who aren't legally required to see them.

Does the law where you are require you to keep track of each user's preference for which cookies they consent to and for how long? If you have 10,000 visitors a day x 365 days a year, for example, this would create quite a large database after a while just storing a record of consent by each random visitor. I'm a bit confused about the size of the database that would be required to be maintained just of consent to comply with the laws of some regions now... And do you store the IP and timestamp of visitors to have a record of their consent, or do you need to somehow abstract that but in a way that can still be retrieved if they ask for proof of consent (how?)

I wonder if it makes more sense to integrate with something like Googles CMP and then have the Flynax script respect the choices made with options there. (or maybe as an additional option.)

I think this might deserve it's own thread as I suspect the visitor (non-registered) record of consent would probably be a separate table from the logging of registrations/actions just because of the size of the cookie consent database as I have 1,000x more visitors that could in the future get the cookie consent message than registered users or those actually making an action on the site.

+ Reply to Thread