+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image uploading...

Image uploading...

Hi Flynax team. I have switched to WEBP image format, but unfortunately the folder on the server also saves the source files in JPG format. This way it is not possible to save space on the server. Is it possible to switch off saving of sources?
    Thanks.

Hello,

Make sure if WebP Support is enabled in GD extension on your server

Master
    It also happens to me that in addition to webp, it is also present in jpg format.
    The webp is enabled on the server, but after uploading, the Jpg remains as well as the webp.
    Last edited by Jenő Kocsi; September 25, 2023 at 05:04 AM.

Hello.
    My hosting support has confirmed the presence of the gd module in PHP and specifically the
    WebP format support in the GD server extension. Our script is still saving the orig.jpg format.
    We hope for your help.

In this case, you need to create a ticket and we'll check the issue

Master
    A common solution would be good for this, because it is likely that everyone has this problem.

Friends, yes, apparently this problem is with everyone. I in the demo version of the site in the admin panel specified the output format of the photo in Webp, waited for the process to complete and through the user interface published an ad, uploaded the photo in JPEG . Then in the browser specified the path to the image. In the folder is also saved photo in JPEG and WEBP....
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/f...70622_orig.jpg
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/f...622_large.webp
    2023-09-27_093248.png
    2023-09-27_093443.png

Actually, the original photo is always in its initial extension because it can be later re-cropped, resized or you can change the output format

So it's not a problem

Thanks Rudi, I just thought that if I switch to WEBP image format, the source will also be in WEBP, no matter in which extension the user uploads the photo. I was interested in this solely to save disc space on the server. In the end it turns out even more, because in the folder saved images in JPEG + WEBP ...

+ Reply to Thread