+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add location not in drop down

Add location not in drop down

Is there a way to enter the location of the ad directly in 1 field when posting and searching using google maps and not having to choose from a drop-down list (country, state, city)?

You need to use Google places as the geocoder in Basic Settings > Maps/Geocoding > Geocoding > Service provider

Then go to Location Finder > Synchronization by place ID > enable and map your address field

I think I would like something else. I was thinking of an Ajax search fileld, like the one in the Search by distance plugin. Look at the photo.
    I downloaded this plugin to the trials site, but I don't know, how shall I setup into the horizontal search module. And I see nowhere, how it work exatly. Can you help me?
    search-by-distance-field-integration.png

If it's a standard search form at the top, you need to add your zip field, which is set in Basic Settings > Search by Distance > Zip Code field, to the quick search of your listing type:

Forms > Search Forms > quick form > Build > add the zip field

otherwise, the zip field should be added automatically to the top once the plugin installed

Thank you, Rudi. I bought the plugin, and it works.
    Last edited by Kreál Home; March 12, 2023 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    You need to use Google places as the geocoder in Basic Settings > Maps/Geocoding > Geocoding > Service provider

Then go to Location Finder > Synchronization by place ID > enable and map your address field
    Hi. I got the same problem. Every time i tried to used Google place as Geocoding provider - no dropdown for location even in location mapping.. please see the image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

Make sure you've mapped location fields correctly in location finder settings: Basic Settings > Location Finder > Location Synchronization

or create a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by PQB View Post
    Hi. I got the same problem. Every time i tried to used Google place as Geocoding provider - no dropdown for location even in location mapping.. please see the image

i have the same problem

+ Reply to Thread