+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XML plugin import

Exclamation XML plugin import

Hello Flynax!

I bought the XML plugin.
    I want to convert my own database into an XML file and export it. How do I do it?

Thank you.

Hello,

You need to create a feed format for export and add fields to output via the mapping manager:

Manage Formats > your export format > Build > Add a Mapping Item > select a field you need to export and set a name for it

Then go to Export > select your feed format and other parameters and copy the link from XML feed URL. This link generates xml feed content

Thank you, Rudi!

I have a few more question about XML.

1. I have an xml feed from an external database with no fields for category 0 in my database. Only the category level 1 can be found. How can I map the missing level 0 category?
    2. How to use this field: Split value into two fields by comma (System XML field)?
    3. How to use this field: Duplicate value into two separate fields (System XML field)?

Can I find a more detailed description of this module outside the manual and the video? They are very useful, but unfortunately both only explain part of the tasks.
    Last edited by Kreál Home; March 6, 2023 at 01:29 PM.

1. It will require additional modifications to map the category with level 1 or the text of this category should exactly match the category on your site and it will be mapped automatically

2. When selected, the plugin will add two new values separated by comma to the mapping manager which you can map separately with two listing fields (after running import)

3. "Duplicate value" option will allow you to map two copies of the source value with different listing fields

Unfortunately, there is no additional manual for the XML plugin

Thanks for your help, Rudi.

I am sad that there is no more detailed description about xml.

I would also like to ask about point 1:
    If I have an import xml file with category fields containing only my level 1 categories, what exactly do I need to do to map the level 0 category?

Example
    Import xml contains: family house, semi-detached house, villa.
    My database contains: house/family house, house/twin house, house/villa.
    -------------

Do the 2 functions only work for export, or can I split or duplicate the import xml fields this way?

------------------------
    How can I set 2 fields of an import xml to be in one field.
    E.g. to include in the description data of fields that don't have a separate field in my database (and I don't want to put them in), but contain important information?

If this is not possible, is it possible to create database fields into which data can only be imported from the incoming xml file? It doesn't show up in the simple listing submission and it doesn't show up on the listing details page if it's blank.
    -------------------

Thank you.

These functions work only for import,

In your case, if you have only one category, you can use "Duplicate value into two separate fields" for the xml category

and then map the first copy with 'Category Level 0' and the second one with 'Category Level 1'

after that, via the items-mapping manager (the button in front of the mapped category field) you can map the first and second levels sequentially with the same category name

Note that you can use this option only once as well as "Split value into two fields by comma"

There is no possibility to map text field multiple times to combine info from different source fields into one, it will require customization

Only 'Photos' option you can use twice or more

Thank you.

I was able to setup everything. :-)
    But I would need a confirmation file to send to the other portal that everything went fine with the transfer, or if not, what was the error that caused the transfer to fail.
    Where can I find this or how can I map it?
    Would the XML Feed Back URL field be what I'm looking for?
    If so, how should I use it?

XML Feed Back URL is a backlink to the original ad

It will require a customization to implement what you need

+ Reply to Thread