+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Display default Country in search form

Display default Country in search form

I I have basicly just one country and would like to be default - now I have two countries but 89% will be from just one country so I want to make it default. With country I mean country like Germany UK france etc not states in USA . I would like to hande in one of two ways:
    1. To have only one country and there would be nothing to choose from in search form
    2. Have two countries but there would be default country set already so dont need for 95% of people to take action on that field.

Also How do I remove services from Menu because I disabled them but they are still showing on menu

Thanks, G

Hello,

You need to set the default country via multiField manager and it will be picked automatically when you go to the search form:

Plugins > Multifield > your multi-field entry > Manage > in the column Default set your country

or you should rebuild the structure of your entry to display sub-levels of one location: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....hlight=country

I have done that before and is working ony when I want to add new add(it willl show my default country as choosen) but when I want to use search form it will show me "choose" so I need to manualy choose it

Make sure that the search page is enabled for prefiiling locations on forms:

Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Prefilling Locations in Fields on Pages

I did that but havent noticed any changes. I tried in 3 different browsers as I thought it might be something to cache related

I tried that too.
    No, does not work
    Setting under
    - Multifield/Location Filter
    - Location Finder
    - under Basic Settings > Maps/Geocoding
    - and under Basic Settings > IP Geo Location
    configured
    cache refreshed
    unfortunately not working

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Meksalina Maltas View Post
    any ideas?
    Go to Your_template_folder/tpl/blocks/field_search.tpl

Find:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Change to:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

that works only for advance search. But for me I am using realestate template and on the side there is also search and it doesent work there !!

You need to create a ticket and we'll look into the issue
    Last edited by Rudi; January 5, 2023 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread