+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SVG logo not showing in safari

Master

SVG logo not showing in safari

Hi guys,

Is there anything I can do to make it work for safari browser? I opened template > img > logo.svg with adobe illustrator and change color, hit Ctrl + S, and my local host flynax site show nothing at the logo location. Firefox does work though.

Is there any setting that I need to look into? I want to make my own svg logo but now even with simple action changing color does not work worry me. Sorry I'm new to this.

Are you sure your script is using svg logo? Maybe script shows .png logo? Can you check source code via browser console and define which logo your site is using??
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Are you sure your script is using svg logo? Maybe script shows .png logo? Can you check source code via browser console and define which logo your site is using??
    Yes Viktor I'm sure it using logo.svg, I copy the logo.svg from default template and it worked. I then opened that logo.svg using adobe illustrator and make few color changes and hit ctrl+S and clear browser cache then it no show on the page with safari only, firefox show fine. So i thought I need to click save as and change a few setting in the svg

I think it is browser cache. You can refresh cache via Admin Panel >> Refresh >> Update static data cache -> and click Refresh button. (the feature started from version 4.9.1)
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Master
    I think it is browser cache. You can refresh cache via Admin Panel >> Refresh >> Update static data cache -> and click Refresh button. (the feature started from version 4.9.1)
    Hi Viktor,

Thank you so much for the advice, I went to admincp and did click on update static data cache but it still not working. Nothing show, but inspect browser show url and click on the url show logo just fine
    src="http://localhost/templates/general_rainbow/img/logo.svg?rev=5"

Is there anything I can do? I meant I copy and replace the logo.svg from the default template folder to my current template and refresh browser case and that logo show up fine. As soon as I open that default working logo.svg with adobe illustrator and make some changes, like color, and hit Ctrl+S, it went blank like described above

CleanShot 2022-11-30 at 13.58.04@2x.png

Try to change logo in Sketch programm.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Master
    Try to change logo in Sketch programm.
    Hi Viktor,

So I found 2 new things:
    1. If I use export as svg using photoshop, logo show up on safari but blurry, show fine on firefox and chrome
    2. If I use adobe illustrator and save as logo.svg, the logo doesnot show like in screenshot above, but if I inspect the logo and add width: 100px, it show up, and clear, no blurry at all.

So is there any best solution for me? I dont understand what is the different between the default logo.svg and the logo.svg that I created using photoshop and illustrator.
    Last edited by Tim Copper; December 1, 2022 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Copper View Post
    Hi Viktor,

So I found 2 new things:
    1. If I use export as svg using photoshop, logo show up on safari but blurry, show fine on firefox and chrome
    2. If I use adobe illustrator and save as logo.svg, the logo doesnot show like in screenshot above, but if I inspect the logo and add width: 100px, it show up, and clear, no blurry at all.

So is there any best solution for me? I dont understand what is the different between the default logo.svg and the logo.svg that I created using photoshop and illustrator.

I could never get photoshop to export SVG's that work. I think I looked it up at the time and found plenty of sites that said it doesn't work properly for SVG
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

+ Reply to Thread