+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use of OpCache as php caching

Question Use of OpCache as php caching

Hello,

I see Flynax can use APC for caching. But newer version of PHP have already an opcode cache - OpCache.
    Can and how Flynax can take benefit of OpCache?

BR.

Hello Stefan,

So, at first it's a different things:
    1. OpCache - it's a internal cache system in PHP and it doesn't require any changes from user or software
    2. APC - it's a same cache system, but it has APC-U module for user, and software use it for our temp data
    Last edited by Curtis; March 22, 2017 at 08:09 AM.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

So they will both work for the benefit of speed. I will google it to know more of how they cohabitate, but I would like to know your experience. Do you use APC with internal OpCache, and do you get speed improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Popadiin View Post
    So they will both work for the benefit of speed. I will google it to know more of how they cohabitate, but I would like to know your experience.
    Do you use APC with internal OpCache, and do you get speed improvements?
    We only give ability configure caching in system with this php module. It will increase the stability of system working when web-site have more traffic and have correct configuration.
    But you will not see noticeable result of speed improvements.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

So if OpCache has been enabled in our server and if we choose file caching method, is that the best combination? We found APC option is not supported in our server.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread