+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linking a field to a category

Linking a field to a category

Hi,

I've read though the Multi-Field plugin and it seems quite interesting. But I have an issue trying to link a field to a category.
    Heres the steps of what I want to do.

1) An agent click on "Add a Listing"
    2) The agent chooses the category (the province)
    3) He selects a plan
    4) In the information form, I would like to have a dropdown that would be linked (generate regions) depending on the category selected earlier.

Thx,
    Michel

There are changes to the code required to link data entry data (which is in the field) with category data.

Main condition to make it working is to have similar data keys for both data sets. Then we can "pre-select" and disable listing field and it will show next level regions.

You can pm me your website ftp details and admin panel login details. I will do the changes and post instructions here for others.

Hi downloaded and installed the updated version.
    And I see that states you select in your location are nicely connected with the fill out form step 3.

Only the category you select at step 1 is still not connected to step 3

That's it.

As i said categories and multiField contain different data sets (even both is location). States in your location is data from the fields also (more exactly from Data Entries)

To link data entries to categories and make what you want we have to make changes to the code.

But it's not common for all and i can't do it in the plugin version, it can be done as customization depending on what categories they have.

In other more words (more technical):

on the "fill out a form" step we know what category we selected and we should pre-select first dropdown and disable it (deny users to change it).

To do it we should find same entry in the Data Entries, that's why data keys should be similar with categories.

I wish to have this too. Can you post the modifications at the plugin ?

Thank you in advance

Dear Fabrizio,

Please provide me with access details of your website (PM), i will try to do it for your website and post instructions here.

If you can explan to me here, I prefer to don't give ftp access to anyone. I hope you understand.

Hello Fabrizio Santini,

I think Mike doesn't know exactly problem or for solve it needs many many changes that's why if you send ftp it will be more easy way and faster for solve your problems.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread