+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4.9.1 discussion

Version 4.9.1 discussion

Hey guys,

Just saw that the update 4.9.1 is released today. You can read more about it here:
    https://blog.flynax.com/flynax-491-c...script-update/

I create this thread so we can discuss about if new features, bug fixes, questions, etc.

Thank you

Master
    I'm glad that there are new things, but it saddens me that the style has also changed a lot. I have transformed mine so much that now I compared it with the new one and the two have nothing to do with each other. So I have no idea how to do it again, again I'm wasting a lot of time like that.

I think the patches will help us with this.

Guru
    Unfortunatly you always loose your custome changes on the updates and have to start again.
    Viktor made a nice update for me to be able to add responsive pictures to the news section, it realy looked well and worked like a blog. Unfortunatly i lost the code on an update and did not make a backup.
    Boatfind.com
    Boatfind.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm glad that there are new things, but it saddens me that the style has also changed a lot. I have transformed mine so much that now I compared it with the new one and the two have nothing to do with each other. So I have no idea how to do it again, again I'm wasting a lot of time like that.
    Yes I'm also on the same boat, I take notes with the changes and make separate css style file. It helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Logmanov View Post
    I think the patches will help us with this.
    I'm still waiting for patch to check it out on localmachine. Patches is not out yet, only new installation.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Unfortunatly you always loose your custome changes on the updates and have to start again.
    Viktor made a nice update for me to be able to add responsive pictures to the news section, it realy looked well and worked like a blog. Unfortunatly i lost the code on an update and did not make a backup.
    That sounds like a great customization. I would really really want to look at it

Its always hard to decide what to do when there's an update especially when you have made changes and there's at least one update each year. I do take notes of my changes but I am starting to think that I may not do the small updates but do a rebuild instead maybe every 3 to 4 years to keep the script up-to-date.... unless there's a major feature that I really want or need. The good thing for me is my site isn't a classified but more of an information site so I think I can get away with it.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Its always hard to decide what to do when there's an update especially when you have made changes and there's at least one update each year. I do take notes of my changes but I am starting to think that I may not do the small updates but do a rebuild instead maybe every 3 to 4 years to keep the script up-to-date.... unless there's a major feature that I really want or need. The good thing for me is my site isn't a classified but more of an information site so I think I can get away with it.
    I could not agree more. I always try to get scripts up to date with bug fixes and good features but it's not an easy task if you want to make sure everything run smoothly. And yea I can see you have better position with information than me as classified ads, and just starting to build up publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Yes I'm also on the same boat, I take notes with the changes and make separate css style file. It helps a bit.

I'm still waiting for patch to check it out on localmachine. Patches is not out yet, only new installation.

That sounds like a great customization. I would really really want to look at it
    I think that many people have a problem with css styles and there should be a solution so that the style changes are in the admin section!

I see that in the update, many points were taken into account by errors, a lot of useful things were added, but once again we bypassed the problem with the endless updating of free packages (((

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniel Outis View Post
    I think that many people have a problem with css styles and there should be a solution so that the style changes are in the admin section!

I see that in the update, many points were taken into account by errors, a lot of useful things were added, but once again we bypassed the problem with the endless updating of free packages (((
    I'm not a css expert so I can't speak for best solution. But in my case I make a separate css file and added my changes there. It's overdrive the default css but of course not optimal, there will be problem here and there but it's help a bit when I update.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I'm not a css expert so I can't speak for best solution. But in my case I make a separate css file and added my changes there. It's overdrive the default css but of course not optimal, there will be problem here and there but it's help a bit when I update.
    Yes, it will help, but, again, do not forget that an additional css file is an additional weight of the page when loading.
    But, yes, it's an interesting solution!

+ Reply to Thread