+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Google contacted me for Search on map Google map violation?

  1. #1

    Google contacted me for Search on map Google map violation?

    Hey guys,

    I recently got an email saying that my search on map page violates their policy for not showing google logo. They want me to:
    1. Show google logo on search on map page
    2. Remove the leaflet logo on the bottom right
    For example: https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/search-on-map.html

    I check the sender address and it has the format:
    maps-api-usage-questions-reply+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxea1k@google.com
    Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 1.29.26 PM.png
    map.png

    Their response after I asked what was the violation:
    Dear Developer,

    Thanks for your reply, We have added the screenshot of violation from your domain and also the example screenshot of adding Google logo on Google maps and please remove the Leaflet logo from the Google maps Please checkout and resolve the issue ASAP.

    Sincerely,

    Google Maps Platform Trust & Safety Team
    They added this screenshot which seems to be a Hungarian map
    Google logo for example .png

    This is the first time I got such warning, giving that it has been that way for years. So I'm not really sure if it's legit.
    I already made a ticket to Flynax team and explained the issue. But I want to share it here as well to see if anyone could give me some advises.

    (
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    I never come across that as yet in the last 10 years, but currently I don't use the maps feature.

    I had similar thing a month ago from Facebook regarding the Facebook login which I didn't know if it was legit. I had to add a section in privacy policy about 'Request deletion of your personal information' to comply with their terms.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

    Old Site: MotorAdsUk

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    I never come across that as yet in the last 10 years, but currently I don't use the maps feature.

    I had similar thing a month ago from Facebook regarding the Facebook login which I didn't know if it was legit. I had to add a section in privacy policy about 'Request deletion of your personal information' to comply with their terms.
    Hi Chris,

    Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I'm still a bit worry and confused now. I really hope Flynax staff could response on this.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Chris,

    Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I'm still a bit worry and confused now. I really hope Flynax staff could response on this.

    No worries, sorry I couldn't assist with the issue of the thread, but shouldn't be too hard for Flynax to come up with a fix and overlay a google image on the maps.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

    Old Site: MotorAdsUk

  5. #5
    Flynax developer Rudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,696
    Hello guys,

    Here is a solution for displaying the google logo on Leaflet:

    1. Go to templates > your_template > css > style.css

    find this line .map-capture > img and replace the code inside with
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    then add below these styles:

    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

    2. Then go to public_html > libs > maps > maps.js > find case 'google': and before break:

    add:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

    3. Now upload this svg with google logo into templates > your_template > img

    glogo.svg.zip
    Last edited by Rudi; June 4, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    No worries, sorry I couldn't assist with the issue of the thread, but shouldn't be too hard for Flynax to come up with a fix and overlay a google image on the maps.
    You helped plenty already Chris.

    Hi Rudi,

    Thank you so much for the swift response. I have tried it with
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    And
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    But the search on map page went blank. Would you please check again? Also google asked me to remove the leaflet logo on the bottom right. Can you help me as well?

    Thank you so much.

  7. #7
    Flynax developer Rudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,696
    Thank you Wei, I've corrected my code

+ Reply to Thread