+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to check ip and block from registration?

Master

How to check ip and block from registration?

Hi guys,

Recently I got many registration from email @cggup.com. How do I check IP from registration account? I want to know where those registration from? And how to @cggup.com?

Thank you

Hello,

You can use a Spam Prevention plugin that blocks new emails and IPs on the registration adding them to the database

and then, in the plugin manager, you decide what IP or email to unlock in the list

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

You can use a Spam Prevention plugin that blocks new emails and IPs on the registration adding them to the database

and then, in the plugin manager, you decide what IP or email to unlock in the list
    Hi Rudi,

I have SPAM PREVENTION plugin installed but it didn't block it. Registration went through and I saw a few abc@cggup.com, 123@cggup.com, how do I block this email? I tried adding domain cggup.com in the email section of the SPAM PREVENTION plugin but it didn't work. Should I use *@cggup.com instead? Also is there anyway I can look at the account and see the IP address?

it seems that it's a bot that passes through the registration and it doesn't matter what email it uses

first, you need to identify the name of the bot and add it to the list of the Bot Blocker plugin: Basic Settings > Bot Blocker > List of bots

Master
    it seems that it's a bot that passes through the registration and it doesn't matter what email it uses

first, you need to identify the name of the bot and add it to the list of the Bot Blocker plugin: Basic Settings > Bot Blocker > List of bots
    I see. But how about blocking all email with @cggup.com?

If it's a bot the only way is to prevent it by the blocker plugin or via additional modifications

It is very bad that the admin cannot find out from which IP address the ad was added and the user is registered.
    I added several posts here in this forum about this shortcoming, but, unfortunately, the developers ignore it.
    The IP should be added by default to each listing, without using any plugin. We should know which IP the ad was added from.
    Last edited by Logmanov; May 25, 2022 at 08:47 PM.

Master
    If it's a bot the only way is to prevent it by the blocker plugin or via additional modifications
    So even with SPAM PREVENTION plugin installed, there is no way I can block registration from email ending with @cggup.com? Also I can't see their IP and can't investigate further?
    Is there any other options that I can do other than paid customization? What if I got spam users which is common nowaday, especially for classified ads site? I thought I could at least block registration coming from strange email provider ( very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Logmanov View Post
    It is very bad that the admin cannot find out from which IP address the ad was added and the user is registered.
    I added several posts here in this forum about this shortcoming, but, unfortunately, the developers ignore it.
    The IP should be added by default to each listing, without using any plugin. We should know which IP the ad was added from.
    I thought those are the basic functions but I guess I was wrong. Flynax should think about this security approach, it makes the customer feel more confident using your software.
    Last edited by Tim Copper; May 26, 2022 at 03:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread