+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prohibit package selection when editing an Active listing

Prohibit package selection when editing an Active listing

Hello everybody!
    I was thinking about this question, if the ad is active, then when editing, the user can choose a free package many, many times using it in his time, so the idea came to mind to exclude this possibility, with the listing status Active, make the field visible, but without the possibility of choosing a package.

Thus, during the editing of the listing controllers\edit_listing\step_form.tpl, I tried to use the following modification:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    And register in css:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

So that when editing the listing, if it has the Active status, it is impossible to select another package until the expiration date expires.
    But, unfortunately, this method did not work(( with the status Active and Expired, disable is still triggered

I have also discussed about this situation many times before I hope Flynax would think about it. Renew listing would also bump listing up with new posted date. So many user would like to abuse that. Best would be an option to add renewal delay in days. For example: You have a 60-day free listing, and you add renewable after 50 day. The option is visible there but gray out with text, renewable in date. That way user can only renew after a set amount of time, once he did that, he would need to wait for a set amount of time to be able to renew again.

In a good way, the number of listings should be clearly regulated by a given number, let's say 10, and regardless of what type of listings the free package is linked to, the number of listings should be 10 and limited to the validity period of the package and the validity period of the listing and basta!

But, unfortunately, this is not the case now, so with a zero value of the cost of the package, the amount of its use is unlimited by nothing.

Therefore, I thought that such a method would limit at least the abuse of using the free package in the current listing, but this is a screw-on measure and, alas, not a solution to the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniel Outis View Post
    In a good way, the number of listings should be clearly regulated by a given number, let's say 10, and regardless of what type of listings the free package is linked to, the number of listings should be 10 and limited to the validity period of the package and the validity period of the listing and basta!

But, unfortunately, this is not the case now, so with a zero value of the cost of the package, the amount of its use is unlimited by nothing.

Therefore, I thought that such a method would limit at least the abuse of using the free package in the current listing, but this is a screw-on measure and, alas, not a solution to the problem!
    Wait a minute I thought you could limit the time usage of a listing. You could limit how many times user can use a listing plan, free or not.

At the moment I am trying to restrict the connection of a new free package to the current listing.

+ Reply to Thread