+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what program for edit style.css file ?

what program for edit style.css file ?

Dear Sir,

when i edit file style.css in program Microsoft FrontPage, but it always error.
    so what program for edit this file ?

Thanks and Best Regards
    Phirun.

I generally use 'wordpad' which is pre installed on my computer, so i would think its a standard thing on most computers. Once edited upload the new file.

Now i know more about css i also sometimes edit it direct in the file on my server.

Also if you use mozilla firefox web browser and right click the mouse, there is an inspect element option and you can edit things 'live' so you can actually see them without it actually changing your file. then when you are happy you can download the saved changes then upload to your server. Its a great tool to use and has helped me learn new tricks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    I generally use 'wordpad' which is pre installed on my computer, so i would think its a standard thing on most computers. Once edited upload the new file.

Now i know more about css i also sometimes edit it direct in the file on my server.

Also if you use mozilla firefox web browser and right click the mouse, there is an inspect element option and you can edit things 'live' so you can actually see them without it actually changing your file. then when you are happy you can download the saved changes then upload to your server. Its a great tool to use and has helped me learn new tricks

Hello, Wow Wow Wow easy thanks you so much chris brown

Chris you old hacker, haha. It could be a lot of right clicking here eh? If you want a tool that could save you, it is the one and only Dreamweaver!
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Flynax developer
    Hello,

Chris you old hacker, haha. It could be a lot of right clicking here eh? If you want a tool that could save you, it is the one and only Dreamweaver!
    Dreamweaver is shareware software. We recommend using Notepad++ (freeware). It is better solution for edit one file.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hello,

Dreamweaver is shareware software. We recommend using Notepad++ (freeware). It is better solution for edit one file.
    Well Vladimir, I don't agree as I had have a lot of problems with Notepad++ when loading back a php file. Sometimes it will not keep the structure of the file and make a mess of everything, but it is a good freeware program no doubt about that. But, if you wanna stay on top - Dreamware is exceptional even if it is costing you a couple of bucks. Of course it is depending on what you wanna do as it is with everything.
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

i prefer to edit the file directly in cpanel. if i have something big to change i open that file twice, one is left untouched as backup and the second is for work/save. i know is not the best solution but is the fastest if you have lots of changes

Don't use Dream weaver cause it leaves spaces... better a combination of zend and Notepad++

This is a very old thread Antonios!!

However, I use Sublime Text 2 for mac!!

+ Reply to Thread