+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about email

question about email

I'm sorry if this sounds silly, as I'm not familiar with this area and looking for solution.
    I'm currently using email from my shared host provider. You know like going to cpanel, email, create account and stuff. Then I add the email smtp info to flynax admincp and everything works OK.

However the host provide limit to 500 email send out per hours. Its OK, but I'm thinking of sending promotion email to my users, and I have more than 500 users. So I won't be able to do so with my current setup.

My question is, can I use a third party email service? Would it be as simple as create the account from third email provider service and input smtp info to Flynax admincp and I'm good to go?
    Can someone recommend me a decent email service provider?

Thank you

Maybe flynax can help you with maybe sending out 150-250mail every hour until the promotion have sent out mail to every user instead of sending out the mail to every user at once

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jonsson View Post
    Maybe flynax can help you with maybe sending out 150-250mail every hour until the promotion have sent out mail to every user instead of sending out the mail to every user at once
    Thank you for the suggestion. I actually have thought about that and recalled asking Flynax for advice and it seems not doable. An email provider service is probably a better bet.

Bit late to this convo haha but just looking at previous forum threads about emails/newsletter etc

This does look to be an issue if you have set hourly emails on your server. Could really do with an option to set a number of emails to send per hour until complete.

Failing that, maybe Flynax could add a plugin that connects to mail chimp or something similar would be handy. I mean the 'free' mail chimp plan gives your 2000/per day with max of 10000/month before needing to upgrade plus you can add all the other benefits of email templates, surveys, reports etc. From what I remember using it in the past via Wordpress you can import email accounts and create groups etc aswell

I really think adding a plugin like this would be great.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Bit late to this convo haha but just looking at previous forum threads about emails/newsletter etc

This does look to be an issue if you have set hourly emails on your server. Could really do with an option to set a number of emails to send per hour until complete.

Failing that, maybe Flynax could add a plugin that connects to mail chimp or something similar would be handy. I mean the 'free' mail chimp plan gives your 2000/per day with max of 10000/month before needing to upgrade plus you can add all the other benefits of email templates, surveys, reports etc. From what I remember using it in the past via Wordpress you can import email accounts and create groups etc aswell

I really think adding a plugin like this would be great.
    Yes, I totally agree. Hopefully we can hear Flynax dev opinions about this as a dev they may have great insights and ideas.

+ Reply to Thread