+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the prev

The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the prev

Hi Everyone!

I'm a bit confused about this notice, why this is appearing on the browse pages. I found several posts on this topic. Have a look at this post which was added in 2010 and after that there are several posts on this topic.

https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....rator%2C+Click

As far as I understand the category blocking feature was added to prevent users from adding an ad to the main category without selecting a child category. If so, why do users need such messages in search pages. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. If it's such an unnecessary thing that needs to be removed, then why do Flynax developers keep adding it in new versions, and why do they rack their brains over such meaningless things that then we have to rack our brains over it.
    For example, after each update of the script and after each appearance of this notice in the new versions, I think a lot whether to delete it or not, how should I deal with it so that not to make a mistake, but what if I make a mistake ???
    I have a lot of experience with ad sites, but in no other site have I come across such incomprehensible things like this and "The listing is either inactive or expired".

So what should we do with this notice, it's appearing instead of notice "There are no ads in this category.
    Last edited by Logmanov; January 16, 2022 at 12:27 PM.

Hello,

How I can reproduce this error to check? Is it possible on demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

How I can reproduce this error to check? Is it possible on demo?
    Hi dear Rudi!

Yes, you can check it here:
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/u...s/resumes.html

Actually, it's not a bug

it's a situation when there are no listings in some category and this category is locked and the script gives this notification that user can't add listings under the locked category

but if you need you can disable this notification, but users will see a link for adding a listing which may confuse them:

go to templates > tpl > controllers > listing_type.tpl > remove {if $category.Lock} and the code in this block and then {else} and {/if}

Yes, I understand you, but please you understand me too. Notification "The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the previous category level." says nothing to the users, but will confuse them. Wouldn't it be better if developers made a fix in the script itself so that instead of this notification it would display "There are no ads in this category", so that both me and others after each update of the script would not have to puzzle over this, about what to do with this. Because this and other such logically incomprehensible things take away a lot of time and nerves of us.

Thanks!

And if I do as you say, then no notification is displayed. But it is necessary that the notification "There are no ads in this category" is displayed.

+ Reply to Thread