+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove ability to delete listings

Remove ability to delete listings

Hi all, I would like to remove the trash can (delete) icon from the users account when viewing/editing their listings, and change that to an Activate/Deactivate option. I want to keep the ability to delete only from the Admin panel. Is this straight forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Todd View Post
    Hi all, I would like to remove the trash can (delete) icon from the users account when viewing/editing their listings, and change that to an Activate/Deactivate option. I want to keep the ability to delete only from the Admin panel. Is this straight forward?
    Happy new year all.
    I agree. I think, Most of the users who use free listings, delete a listing and add a free new duplicate listing. So there is no motivation for using featured listings.
    Also according to SEO, probability google considers negative rating for the site because of duplicate contents.
    I think, flynax could be add "deleted" status to "Status" field in listings table, and then admin could decide about remove them permanently.
    Also all listings which contain deleted ones should be visible to admin, when clicks on account listings.
    Currently, if you even enable "trash" box in admin panel, when user delete a listing, it moves to trash box and it is difficult for admin to check if a new listing by user is a duplicate one.
    So i agree with delete listing by users but logically and not phisically.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; January 1, 2022 at 03:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread