+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Account says Active Before Email Verification

New Account says Active Before Email Verification

Well I should have knocked on wood when I said I haven't had anymore technical issues :lol:

I have my system set up to require email verification before new account is officially live. However, today no emails were sent after making new signups. I checked spam folders and nothing. This email address was sent to in the past (I'm allowing duplicate emails right now for testing purposes). I tried to activate the accounts in the admin, but noticed they already say their "active". But you can't log in. Says your need to validate via email first.

Any idea why new account emails would stop and what to look for? Also, why do they show as active? If a user was to contact me and say they never received the email, how would I activate them since it doesn't say it's not approved yet? I'm guessing there's no "send an email again" option? Guess there doesn't need to be if I could just activate myself.

Thanks!

Re: New Account says Active Before Email Verification

Did you get this issue fixed? I have the same problem.

No not resolved yet. I'm waiting for a reply in this thread. I use the forum for all support so it will definitely be updated at some point.

I think all the emails finally came in. They did go into my spam folder, but they were not there originally. Showed up days later, but think that's my hosting's issue I think. But this ticket is more about the account being active in admin yet it's not active until they click link in email. And, that there is no way to resend email to users. If email lost, account is lost and no way to activate. Still waiting for a reply!

lassu - did you get yours fixed? I haven't heard back!

Hi there,
    Let me try to sort this thread issues, at first regarding email sending.
    Outgoing e-mails can be stored in SPAM folder of recipient or can be not delivered in case:
    - if your Flynax Admin Panel mail settings (main e-mail address) does not matches your domain name. For example:
    mymail@gmail.com - is your e-mail
    domain.com - is your domain
    so as can you see, the email domain is gmail.com and your domain is domain.com, which are not the same.
    - mail() php function disabled on your server

Also I would like to offer you to use SMTP settings, mailing mode can be switched in Admin Panel >> Configurations >> E-mail, but you should be sure that the SMTP connection is allowed on your server as well.

No about account registration, there are two main admin panel settings for Account registration:
    - "Account confirmation via email" - user should confirm own account through e-mail, not depending of account status. I mean account owner should confirm own account in any way.
    - "Account activation by Administrator" - account owner won't be able to log in the front-end until account not activated by Administrator.
    These two settings does bot depends of each other.

I hope my explanation was enough clear
    Thanks

Hey John -

I do use the same domain name for my email address. But I'm confirming with my host about SMTP. But I did have some of them show up later in my spam folder so not sure there is any problem except delayed. But I'll let you know if I see a future problem.

Regarding the second issue, I'm not sure if I'm understanding you. Yes, I know the user should activate via the email. But if someone contacts me saying they did not receive the email, I have not found the area your speaking about ("Account activation by Administrator") that allows the admin to activate it. The only place I see is Admin > Accounts > New Accounts > Column that says Active. I thought that column should be inactive until either I change to active or the user activates by the link in the email? Currently it defaults to active in the column yet it's not really active.

Thanks!

Hello Christina,
    I have fixed account activation issue for you, please test it and let me know about results. Thanks

John

Hi John -

Overall, functionality fixed! I registered, did not activate via email, logged in admin, the new account still said "Active" as default in that column. But, if I clicked on it and selected the same "Active" status and clicked away, it does activate the new account. But I can't tell inactive ones if it defaults on active?!?

Thanks!

Hello Cristina,
    Quote Originally Posted by azdolfan
    if I clicked on it and selected the same "Active" status and clicked away, it does activate the new account. But I can't tell inactive ones if it defaults on active?!?
    Do you mean that new account already has 'active' status (activate by administrator, option disabled), and you are trying to activate it again?
    Could you explain this issue one more time please.

Thanks
    John

+ Reply to Thread