Master

Show content box in category.

Hello Flynax,

I have listing type For sale. Then 4 categories as following:
    - Book
    - CD
    - Toys
    - Games

I made 4 sidebar picture banners for each of the category: book banner, cd banner, etc. How do I show each banner in its category page and listing detail page only?
    It seems to me that the system shows all 4 banners at the same time even though I only check 1 category for each banner.

Same thing on DEMO, just create a content box, and try to set it to display on 1 category only. It shows on all categories

Hello,

You need to create an individual banner box for each of these 4 pictures and select the corresponding category in the box settings (Show in categories)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

You need to create an individual banner box for each of these 4 pictures and select the corresponding category in the box settings (Show in categories)
    Hi Rudi,

I did that, also check view detail. And it seems that view detail show on all categories. I just want 1 banner box show in 1 category view detail. You can check DEMO, create a banner box, check view detail, and check the category you want. It will show the box in view detail of all category

See this solution for the new logic of displaying boxes on pages: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....highlight=loan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    See this solution for the new logic of displaying boxes on pages: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....highlight=loan
    thank you, will try that.

Yes Rudi code works but it has a flaw. It will messed up your search in category form if you have any. It's not a good code yet. But Rudi is finding a better solution for it.
    From my perspective I don't know much about coding. But I hope the system should prioritize showing content box if user check on category and view detail page.

Master
    I hope they come up with better solution for it.

+ Reply to Thread