+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Admin edit listing

Admin edit listing

How can an administrator change a listing type and/or category if it was selected incorrectly by the user?

You would need to move the listing

Go to admin panel/listings

In the table of your listings you have selection boxes on the left side. Click the box that relates to the listing you want to edit, then at the bottom of the table in the dropdown select move. and click 'go'

Then select new listing type/category
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Thank you Chris!

This script has so many setting options it needs time to remember all them.

Hi guys, when I move a listing to a new category in Admin, I lose the Title, it appears as "listing", under the new category. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Todd View Post
    Hi guys, when I move a listing to a new category in Admin, I lose the Title, it appears as "listing", under the new category. Any help is appreciated.

Most likely the reason is the category you have moved it to doesn't have the category forms built.

You have two options

1- fill these forms for each category (do this if you likely want different fields for different categories)

2- assign the primary category (this means you build the forms once and all the other categories in that listing type use the same forms, all the categories use this as default unless you edit specific categories)

to build the forms go to admin/categories ( on the right of each category in the table is a build option)

to build master category go to admin/listing types choose and click edit - then scroll down and find 'primary category' - choose a category then on the right of that click the 'build listing form'

Hope that all makes sense
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

had exactly same issue. thank you guys

Perfect thanks, very helpful!

+ Reply to Thread