+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elasticsearch

Elasticsearch

I've heard of some software companies using Elasticsearch.

Has Flynax considered using it?

Guru
    First we waiting for:
    1.Booking plugin per hour
    2.New shopping cart plugin
    3.Updated mobile app

Been a long time.
    Last edited by kiowa; July 26, 2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    First we waiting for:

3.Updated mobile app

Been a long time.
    Have you looked at the PWA plugin rather than waiting for update to mobile app? I was wondering how well this plugin works towards giving the function/illusion of a native app?

Guru
    I run pwa app.
    Its just a container for your website.
    Its not a downloadable app.

I also have PWA running, it's an alternative with small benefit. It just like an shortcut icon to open browser, nothing fancy. A native app of course would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I also have PWA running, it's an alternative with small benefit. It just like an shortcut icon to open browser, nothing fancy. A native app of course would be better.
    Yeah, but ultimately if the update of the app is out of our hands then the PWA solution is perhaps better in some ways, it also means you don't have to jump through the developer hoops and costs associated with native apps and keeping them running on the app store.

Many end users are probably unlikely to even be able to tell the difference?

I'm interested in what the differences are likely to be though between PWA and native, particularly in relation to GPS location and location aware notifications which I feel may be the main issue?

Guru
    John from flynax did say that they are looking into the possibility of creating a native app in flutter.
    Flutter allows you to create apps wich work on any device android and IOS.
    If they do this the app will also have a totally diff UI.
    Flutter has alot of ready made interface widgets wich will surely make it look very appealing.
    Im thinking they need a developer for that to integrate the existing script.
    This might also take a few years to pull off.
    In the mean time why dont they atleast ad some features thats missing on the existing app?
    We hardly get answers to this as to why the developer does not improve on the existing app.

+ Reply to Thread