+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone using account activation by phone?

Anyone using account activation by phone?

Hi,

Anyone using account activation by phone could give me some recommendations?
    Is there any disadvantage for using it?

Hello Wei Hong,

At the moment I have found two disadvantages that can slow down your registration process or cause the registrant to give up this process. Motivate as follows:
    1. At the time of registration if smsActivation is activated, you will have to repeat at registration step 1 and step 2 after you have confirmed your phone with the sms received with the 4 digits.
    So if you repeat steps 1 and 2 any user will be at least surprised or surprised and will ask the question - "why do you have to repeat some steps?!?".
    At least it's unsightly ...
    2. By activating smsActivation, you will currently benefit from what we tested, only for account type AGENCY, for the rest of the categories, it will not send a confirmation sms and you will not have a box in which to add 4-digit codes.

Now if you refer to other disadvantages, they would be the economic ones, because you will need a processor of these text messages, and this service is related to Flynax and Clickatel.
    And the cheapest service I could set up for them, was about 11 Dollars with a number of 250 SMS, now I do not know how advantageous it is or not, when there is no alternative
    On the other hand, if the Flynax team stabilizes the registration format and makes the option usable for any of the account types, it is a huge advantage for monetization, where certainly phone numbers and email addresses are the only easy forms for the site that you manage it to collect as much information about your clients as possible, to whom you can later generate advertising and information campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioan ciprian Agafitei View Post
    Hello Wei Hong,

At the moment I have found two disadvantages that can slow down your registration process or cause the registrant to give up this process. Motivate as follows:
    1. At the time of registration if smsActivation is activated, you will have to repeat at registration step 1 and step 2 after you have confirmed your phone with the sms received with the 4 digits.
    So if you repeat steps 1 and 2 any user will be at least surprised or surprised and will ask the question - "why do you have to repeat some steps?!?".
    At least it's unsightly ...
    2. By activating smsActivation, you will currently benefit from what we tested, only for account type AGENCY, for the rest of the categories, it will not send a confirmation sms and you will not have a box in which to add 4-digit codes.

Now if you refer to other disadvantages, they would be the economic ones, because you will need a processor of these text messages, and this service is related to Flynax and Clickatel.
    And the cheapest service I could set up for them, was about 11 Dollars with a number of 250 SMS, now I do not know how advantageous it is or not, when there is no alternative
    On the other hand, if the Flynax team stabilizes the registration format and makes the option usable for any of the account types, it is a huge advantage for monetization, where certainly phone numbers and email addresses are the only easy forms for the site that you manage it to collect as much information about your clients as possible, to whom you can later generate advertising and information campaigns.
    This response is amazing and very informative. I will take this note into discussion with my team.
    Thank you so much Ioan. I really appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread