+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaner url for GET search method

Cleaner url for GET search method

I see that using GET method for search has a big advantage that you can copy the url and send it to anywhere, other can click on it to see the result without having to input search criteria. But the url is lenghthy and not making sense. For example

localhost/room-for-rent/search-results.html?action=search&post_form_key=in_catego ry_2102&f%5Bprice%5D%5Bfrom%5D=400&f%5Bprice%5D%5B to%5D=450&f%5Bhouse_feature%5D%5B0%5D=0&f%5Bhouse_ feature%5D%5Bhouse_feature_electricity%5D=house_fe ature_electricity&f%5Bhouse_feature%5D%5Bhouse_fea ture_internet%5D=house_feature_internet&f%5Bhouse_ feature%5D%5Bhouse_feature_dryer%5D=house_feature_ dryer&f%5Bhouse_feature%5D%5Bhouse_feature_private _entrance%5D=house_feature_private_entrance&f%5Bzi p%5D%5Bdistance%5D=10&f%5Bzip%5D%5Bzip%5D=&search= T

Is there anyway we can make it works like in filter box
    localhost/room-for-rent/price:100-380/house-feature:electricity, washing, cooking

It's possible only via customization because the rewrite urls logic has to be changed

NIce to know, Rudi.

I will write a ticket and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    It's possible only via customization because the rewrite urls logic has to be changed
    Hi Rudi!

Did you make this customization, if so, how did the URL address become after the change?
    I'd like this also change in dealers search page, which is now /dealers-and-agents/search-results.html
    And title for all criterias: Search Results.
    Last edited by Logmanov; September 18, 2022 at 04:32 PM.

Hello,

No, I didn't make this customization but you can disable the apache rewrite module in Basic Settings to see the result

Making title from search criteria will also require additional modifications

+ Reply to Thread