+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Recommend Flynax focus on Next

Yes, I am okay with going halves, depending on the price.
    Maybe, there are others who can join?
    It would be great to have this option on the upcoming Flynax version.

The plugin field can be made many ways including:

Backend - Message: In the backend, Admin can enter messages, such as:

- As for Price
    - Make Offer
    - Starting at
    - Starting from
    - Discounted to

Making Listing - Price: When making a listing, a User can enter price: 500000000 (yes no commas)

Front End - Appearance: On the front end, the field would appear in various formats, such as:

- Only Price: $100000000
    - Message Only: Make Offer
    - Message & Price: Discounted to $45000 (still no commas)

What are your ideas?
    Last edited by Joe Can; June 26, 2021 at 04:26 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I am wondering, What would you recommend Flynax focus on next.
    Other than bug fixes, I would recommend improving the Flynax News plugin.
    At the very least, categories should be added to organize articles.
    Improving this plugin would provide us with an alternative to using WordPress to write articles.
    It is possible now to add articles per se directly into the categories with some outside thinking. > Articles inside categories <

That said what I would like to see is something like I am trying to create and that is that flynax is Not just a Classified site but a multipurpose site.

In that I want people to not just add a classified to my site I want them to be able to

1. Add a classified.
    2. Add an article.
    3. Add an item to a storefront.
    4. Add an event they are holding.

Now in theory flynax offers that in the form of classifieds, store and now events, and as above articles is possible with some outside thinking.

You might be wondering why allow people to post an article over and a classified?

The thought came to me when I had a customer email me on the platform wanting me to post up an article and they said they would pay to have it written professionally on any topic so long as they could add a link. Yes, at best they wanted to add a guest post to my site.

My initial response was No. I do not want some spammy SEO company paying some crappy Fiverr article writer to post some shite on my site, so I said No.

Then I thought hang on, what about if this person who places the classified, let's say it was a financial advisor (or any profession) well these people would like to get an article as well as a classified on the site.

So with that I am in the process now of adding the option to post a classified or an article. The article must belong to the poster/business being listed and must only link back to their site in the same way a classified would work.

Now just in the same way they can bump up a classified to featured they can also bump up their article to premium.

(* One thing I would really like here is any free ad does not make it to the search engines and is not passed to the sitemap / ie no SEO benefit for free ads but paid featured make it to the search engines / so I can leverage people minds into paying for featured with and extra benefit )

Back on track > so yes to adding now a classified if they want, they can run articles if they want in a safe way, they can add products or services to the store, and now also add any upcoming events to the system, giving them a multi-purpose one shop for all outward marketing. (I am sure they are other options we could add ?)

Just my 2c.
    Last edited by Pete Young; June 27, 2021 at 03:25 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

This weekend I am working on planning and researching developing a blog/news website section probably with WordPress; but, running into many issues:

- having to learn a whole new very, very complicated program
    - difficult to find a simple template as many are just way too complicated
    - WordPress requires various plugins probably costing me over 200 USD in total (file bird, template, template plugins, page builder, etc)
    - accepting that your blog and website will not have the same format

I've realised that there are various topics to write about for a real estate website:

- City/Country Maps
    - General
    - Most Recent
    - Promotions (sales & marketing campains)
    - Real Estate News
    - Real Estate Reviews (paid service)
    - Top News
    - Website Features

For me, I believe writing substantially improves SEO.

If there was an "Advanced News Plugin", I would easily spend $100 USD or more to purchase it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    It is possible now to add articles per se directly into the categories with some outside thinking. > Articles inside categories <
    Looks great.

Did it require any code modifications?

Guru
    Wordpress is the worst to work with.
    I always wonder what a classified site would look like if the flynax staff and developers were running their own.
    Freedom to implement anything they want.

Guru
    Looks great.

Did it require any code modifications?
    No anybody can do this with no changes required, I can do a quick mini-guide on how I have done it in the next day or so if you want.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru

For me, I believe writing substantially improves SEO.
    Because you can work directly inside of your current classified site and post directly into the related categories you do not need to worry about any of the categories etc.

For the bit above, both yes and no.

(for the record I have been bagged here because some people seemed to think I knew nothing about anything, so take it for what you will) all I will say is I am getting keyword phrases to rank and building my on-page and site metrics, is it perfect yet? no, will it be yes? but I can see I have been very big into learning this for years now and have written and use my own keyword tools for this purpose.

So what I have found is > for most people they think if they write content that the organic traffic will flow in the door. Probably so far from the truth it is not funny.

I see people set out and just write any crap and shove it up, and I see these same people repeat that process daily for hours, weeks, months, years and then they ask why is nothing happening?

They said if I write content it will come?

These people as above just write any crap without any real research into their content, first, most of the content is thin, in that it is only 300 words or similar and is just at best jibberish rubbish, combined with a lack of structure to the article.

What happens here is that first giggle will probably never rank that article of sorts ever, and even if it did see the light of day and giggle placed it in the search results it soon would fall out as giggle would see I high bounce rate when people land on the page pushing it back down the ladder and never to bee seen again. Google wants to deliver content people want to read no jibberish crap.

The same applies to long jibberish in short if it's just jibberish crap regardless of length it's not going to make it and probably most people do this, they hear the words post content and think then ok let's go and they just waste their time.

The better approach is to do keyword research into the topic and to find keyword phrases that have 2 things, low competition and low strength of competition, you need them both and one you have that information you then need to write a better article than any other article on that keyword phrase or as best you can, and if possible aim for a decent size article.

Yes, those things above are easy once you know how and where to do them.

The really cool thing is this will also work with a very small amount of words in that I also have my "claim this listings" working on the same setup, meaning I am starting to rank those listings as well as articles.

+ where possible always after producing content share it on your social channels to help drive some traffic back

Just too many things to cover here but yes adding content is great, just learn to do it correct.

A university student of mine told me he had the number one ranking in Google on a few topics.

I did not believe him and asked him to show the class.

When he showed us he was actually about the third result on the first page.

He spent hours explaining the process.

Basically, what he described was writing short articles on each subject using a basic essay format.

He also mentioned that you must use the following at least once: bolding, italics, underlines, images, font colors, etc. in certain places.

He pretty much said what Pete describes as producing quality writing that will engage the reader's attention.

...............................Example Format...............................

Introduction:

1. General Statement: The hook

2. Thesis Statement: I will write about: (1) boats, (2) cars, and (3) airplanes

Body:

Body Paragraph #1:

- Topic Sentence: I will talk about boats.

Body Paragraph #2:

- Topic Senteance: :I will talk about cars.

Body Paragraph #3:

- Topic Sentence: I will talk about airplanes.

Conclusion:

1. Review: I have talked about (1) boats, (2) cars, and (3) airplanes (repeat Thesis Statement)
    2. Closing: Respond to the General Statement
    Last edited by Joe Can; June 28, 2021 at 05:55 AM.

I tried to add a blog / faq using the following method

1. Create a Listing Type called “News Blog”
    2. Make the Listing Type "Administration Only" in the Listing Type Edit page (optional).
    3. Create Categories for “New Blog”
    4. Create a Listing Package for “News Blog”
    5. Use Filter plugin to create a filter for the “News Blog” page
    6. Create Articles in Categories
    6. Edit: Go to "Account Types" and make sure Account Types have the correct permissions:
    Admin Panel > User Account > Account Types > "Edit" Any Account Type > Options

All works except one thing: The description field only allows the maximum of 3,000 characters (edit: see code change below)

Edited to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Joe Can; July 2, 2021 at 08:44 AM.

Guru
    Interesting. How can we make this work?
    Last edited by kiowa; June 29, 2021 at 07:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread