+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Version upgrade (4.8.1 to 4.8.2)

Hello Pete,

I don't see any problems with updating the script

If you find it difficult you can request us to do it

For that create a list of fixes and modifications that should be saved/migrated

Rudi,

Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. If you use the patch, you do NOT lose any existing listing already published.

2. Some but NOT ALL of the bug fixes we corrected on our websites were added to the new update.

3. All the CSS, IS LOST when we update to the new version.

The only issue I see are the bug fixes on our websites.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Rudi,

Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. If you use the patch, you do NOT lose any existing listing already published.

2. Some but NOT ALL of the bug fixes we corrected on our websites were added to the new update.

3. All the CSS, IS LOST when we update to the new version.

The only issue I see are the bug fixes on our websites.
    sort of what I want to know as well
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    For the blind in one eye people (me) can I get some clarification.

I stopped updating because everytime a new version came out it was always like starting over.

Fix all of the existing bugs
    Redo all of the CSS
    start all new listings

everything from the ground up so to avoid I say no to upgrades to new versions.

But if I am reading this right ? and where I need clarification we can use a patch? to upgrade but keep all of our listings? but we still lose CSS and need to redo that?

Just really confused about how this works now.

I looked at adding the events plugin but I can not see it on the list so I guess to use it I need to upgrade? but do not want to lose all of my work so how does one do this?

Pete
    Hi Pete,

If you updated using patch. Assuming you did everything correctly and there was nothing unexpected happened, like who know sometimes system acted up. --> All your listing should remain and working as before.
    - Fixed all existing bugs: Not really, you need to check bug fixes log. Some bugs and customization aren't included. That's why you need to keep them noted down.
    - Redo CSS, mostlikely yes. Some template structure might be changed and new stuff added. I reccommend downloading their fresh template, and starting adding css back.

1. The patch doesn't affect listings

2. Of course, not all the bugs discussed on the forum were included in the last update (the full list of the fixes you can check via Version Changelog)

3. If the patch includes css files it might overwrite the custom changes in your css file

Guru
    All good guys I think this will be the way forward for me then and I would have flynax upgrade the patches for me + keep a list of any bugs that may need fixing + CSS alterations. Thank you all.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete,

I only use the Flynax support tickets for bug fixes.

It is nice to discuss the bugs on the forum, but a nightmare to track in the long run.

I plan to pay to get the patch update and then purchase paid support to squash any bugs not fixed in the update.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I am wondering if there was an improvement to Kiowa's PageSpeed score.

They did add:

- Output Image Format & WebP
    - Bootstrap 4.0
    hello Joe,

Its hard to tell yet cause i have no listings on the .com site yet too see the webp indexing. Still struggling with my xml import.

But theres a difference of average 20 - 30 %.

my mobile score on .com is about 57%
    my score on .com.au is about 30 %

Same scripts same templates.

I must add i went and tested some wordpress classified sites of guys i know and they all score way worse than flynax! they all have less than 20% and not even valid for the lightspeed test.

So i know for a fact that every little improvement flynax makes on plugins ,upgrades and the likes are worth it.

I think flynax scores realy well considering all the css and java on the script.

Thanks for the update.

Sounds very promising.

I can't wait to get my hands on the new update.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread