+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version upgrade (4.8.1 to 4.8.2)

Version upgrade (4.8.1 to 4.8.2)

I need to upgrade v4.8.1 to v4.8.2. Are you going to provide a v4.8.1 to v4.8.2 upgrade patch or a list of the changed files in v4.8.2?

Also, have you updated the General Nova template? I can see in the release notes that you now provide support for Bootstrap 4. Is that on the frontend or the backend?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philip King View Post
    I need to upgrade v4.8.1 to v4.8.2. Are you going to provide a v4.8.1 to v4.8.2 upgrade patch or a list of the changed files in v4.8.2?
    In the thread entitled " Version Upgrade", Rudi said the v4.8.1 to v4.8.2 "patch" will be released next week:

- "Right, it will be available next week"

See Herre: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ersion-Upgrade

I do not know the answer to your second question about whether they updated the General Nova template.
    Last edited by Joe Can; June 19, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Joe.

I have the same question: Were the templates updated?
    Last edited by Joe Can; June 19, 2021 at 05:17 PM.

Guru
    guys,

I installed 4.8.2 on my .com site last night.

I then took the css file from my .com.au site wich runs 4.8.1 and stuck it into the 4.8.2 version.
    Everything not working as it should. obviously it wont because the css files are now completely diff.

However i also copied the whole templete folder over from 4.8.1 to 4.8.2, then got errors.

So what i done in the end was to sit and change all the css entries that i made in 4.8.1 and edited it on 4.8.2.

Then everything works.

4.8.2 is a nice version, specially for SEO, and if you use the wide templates you can have now 3 columns wich includes the side bar if you wish. cannot be happier.
    i think with bootstrap 4 you have more stuff available to change the look if you have css knowledge.
    Im not waiting for the patch cause i had some time to sit and change it. still busy.
    Last edited by kiowa; June 19, 2021 at 09:33 PM.

Thank you for posting.

I already posted a ticket to have Flynax install the patch when it becomes available.

I am okay re-doing the looks of the website.

kiowa,

Can you run a Google PageSpped Insight test on the new software for us?

- https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

I appreciate if you can and understand it you are very busy.

Guru
    why is it better for seo?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I am wondering if there was an improvement to Kiowa's PageSpeed score.

They did add:

- Output Image Format & WebP
    - Bootstrap 4.0
    Last edited by Joe Can; June 21, 2021 at 07:08 AM.

Guru
    For the blind in one eye people (me) can I get some clarification.

I stopped updating because everytime a new version came out it was always like starting over.

Fix all of the existing bugs
    Redo all of the CSS
    start all new listings

everything from the ground up so to avoid I say no to upgrades to new versions.

But if I am reading this right ? and where I need clarification we can use a patch? to upgrade but keep all of our listings? but we still lose CSS and need to redo that?

Just really confused about how this works now.

I looked at adding the events plugin but I can not see it on the list so I guess to use it I need to upgrade? but do not want to lose all of my work so how does one do this?

Pete
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread