+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.8.2 update is here.

Hybrid View

Guru

4.8.2 update is here.

I like it alot. Good update flynax!

Not so sure about the shopping cart though, was it not suppose to be a complete rework?

Anyway well done guys.

How do I purchase your:

Updates & Updating
    From 60 USD

Mentioned Here: https://www.flynax.com/prices.html

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    How do I purchase your:

Updates & Updating
    From 60 USD

Mentioned Here: https://www.flynax.com/prices.html
    I stopped updating because my understanding I need to re do all of my format changes / colours etc on my my and pretty well start from scratch again. Can flynax confirm if this is false or true ? please.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    If tpu run the same plugins cant you just make a backup of the css on copy it over?

Hopefully, when Rudi logs in he can shed light on this issue.

My understanding is will you will start all over again when it comes to

- Apearences
    - Code changes
    - Customizations
    - Template changes
    - Modifications

Basically, the above is why I dislike changing the code and focus on maily bug fixes.

Hello guys,

If you have some modifications or important fixes on your site then you'd better wait for a patch where you can compare yourself each updated file with your version using a merging tool

if you think there are many updated files in the patch and changes made in your script and you don't want to do it yourself,

you can create a ticket with a request to update/upgrade your site, in this case, the prices will be the following:

- Updating your site to the latest version keeping the data on your site - 60 USD

- Migrating customizations from the previous site - plus 50% cost of each customization (you need to tell us what customization should be moved)

- Other modifications/fixes (the price is negotiated individually)

Guru
    Yes Rudi, but my understanding is I will loose all css changes , changes to my colours and sizes etc made in css? is this so ?

+ so many past bugs and edits fixed that would all need to be fixed again ?

Flynaxes updates are the most complicated of any platform I have used ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pretty standard across most scripts that all changes to the code will be lost when a script is updated.
    Also, any bug fixes that are not added to the updated code will also need to be refixed.

I have been doing update many times and I always keeps backup file for the fix and mod, including css. Because update will remove them. And yes, it takes weeks or sometimes whole month to implements all those work into the new updates again. It really depend on your skill though. Could take someone else much less time than me

As I understand, there are ways to save the look of the website after an update:

- In WordPress, they use child themes
    - Other websites have a UI in the admin control panel for basic fonts and colors

Hopefully, in the future, something like this will be added.

+ Reply to Thread