+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right template for your classifieds

Guru

Right template for your classifieds

After i have now tested all templates flynax have to offer for my Boating website the past year i have settled with the heavy wide template.
    Hope this works for my Customers and my marketing.

Can you guys give me some input on my website and what do you think?

Boatfind. com .au
    Last edited by kiowa; June 14, 2021 at 01:08 AM.

Guru
    Hello Kiowa, as mentioned the other day I really like the new look, you have done a lot of work.

Some small nit picky things that I would change (but only ideas so your call)

the orange lettering ? rather see that black or blue so it does not blend in and disappear into the background

the about us page there is no gaps between paragraphs making it hard to read / FAQ not needed here

Contact us page has FAQ and newsletters on it ? probably remove news letters and make FAQ full width.

terms of use no gaps plus FAQ ? probably not needed here

search by distance again remove FAQ ( just too many places and not needed everywhere.

All other pages as well remove FAQ except FAQ page and contact ?

Orange also does not look good as headers in listings, you have some great black blue and grey colours that I think could work better / leaving the orange out.

Maybe on the support pages some recent listings? or featured listings.

? This one consider articles as well all about boating etc but that's you call ?

I would remove the white background from behind the categories etc and use the default background colour > #f2f2f2 with a black or blue txt ? probably lean black as used in the header ? #444444

Thats about it for now, but these sites it seems you are forever improving them it never stops

The above is all just nit picking as you have already done a great job so far.

Pete
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hi Kiowa,

You might not like this comment but I prefer your previous template better. The new template is a bit out of sync. First of all, 2 colors for major hyper link is not cool: yellow, orange. H3 title has blue color make user think it's a hyper link. Button with blue background but hover yellow, not cool. Should be darker or lighter blue instead.

I think you should try to change all hyper link to blue.
    New logo looks pretty cool. Except some text are too small to read. May be a little bigger size.
    Body text is a bit small too. 14px would be better.

Guru
    thanks for the input Pete and wei,

Going to play with diff colors for the h headings and hyperlinks.

Wei did you mean the general nova template i used or the olx?
    Cause thats the templates im using for the boatfind .com international site.

i also liked them but for the local aussie audience i had to revert to the non general classified script. Alot did not like the limited search on the header.

This is exactly why i posted this, what seems good to me might not seem good to others, but we keep improving.

TA

Guru
    "This is exactly why i posted this, what seems good to me might not seem good to others, but we keep improving."

I think we all should do this more, I embrace reviews in that as you say "what we think is good" per se, is not how others see things. I want people to tell me what they do not like so things can be improved.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Can anyone please advise if any of the other premium templates can be applied to the Classifieds script - for example, I rather like the motor car theme, but is it compatible with the Classifieds script? Also, is it possible to customise the template, for example changing the colour scheme etc.; and if so, would an editor such as PhotoShop suffice?

Regards, James.

Hi Michael, welcome to the community

I think the motor car theme is compatible with classifieds script. May be some mods such as job listing type with resume submitting aren't included, but if you don't need it, then you're ok. You can download and try it.
    For customizing template of course you can, but you must know basic css style code. You can change them pretty much in the template folder.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; January 2, 2022 at 04:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread